Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Motivation letter and work experience - question for previous trainees

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Moya

PostSubject: Motivation letter and work experience - question for previous trainees   Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:32 am

Hi everyone,

I have two questions.

Firstly, I was hoping some previous trainee(s) would give us applicants some insight on what a good motivation letter looks like. Currently the motivation section is divided into three questions:

1) Tell us why you are applying for a traineeship at the European Commission, what your expectations are and why you think that you are a good candidate.

2) Motivation for the choice of area of interest.

3) Why do you consider your profile suitable for this area?

I am wondering what makes the texts actually stand out and not sound generic.

Secondly, I am wondering whether work experience abroad is more appreciated than work experience in your home country. Basically I have very short experience from working abroad and I would have to choose whether I mention that or longer employment relationship I have had back at home. I also wonder in general how work experience is evaluated - do you get more points for a longer employment relationship?

Thanks in advance to everyone who takes time to share their thoughts on these questions!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Motivation letter and work experience - question for previous trainees
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1