Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Documents for passing eligibility need to be notarially certified?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
falase

PostSubject: Documents for passing eligibility need to be notarially certified?   Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:16 pm

Hello everyone! I wanted to ask whether somebody knows whether the documents that we need to submit in order to get into the blue book need to be notarially certified? Or is it sufficient to just a simple photocopy of the university diploma, proof for professional work experience, proof for language sufficiency etc.? I guess it is recommendable to have the files ready for the fortunate case of passing pre-selection Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maria25

PostSubject: Re: Documents for passing eligibility need to be notarially certified?   Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:47 pm

Hi falase, under 'FAQ for applying trainees' is written:

'Translation of documents

My diplomas are written in one of the Official languages of the European Union (e.g. Polish, Spanish)? Should I provide a translation in English, French or German?
- No. We accept documents in all official EU languages.

My diplomas are not written in an official language of the European Union (e.g. Chinese, Arabic, Hebrew).Should I attach a translation?
- Yes. For all documents that are not written in an official language of the European Union, you have to attach a translation in English, French or German. An certified translation is not required.

My documents are in Catalan (or Basque). Do I need to translate them into Spanish?
- As Catalan and Basque are not considered official European languages, you must attach to your documents a translation in one of the 24 EU languages.

Should I provide certified translations?
- No. Certified translations are not required.'

Within 'The Rules governing the official traineeships scheme of the European Commission' (from 2005 :O) however is written:

'Applicants whose university or post-graduate diplomas are not issued in one of the
official Community languages must provide a translation of these documents into
one of the European Commission working languages (English, French and German).
If recruited for a traineeship, certified copies of all diplomas declared and, if
applicable, official certified translations will be required.'

If I understand this correctly: when you are pre-selected you don't need certified copies but in case you are selected you have to submit certified copies. Would you agree? :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nirvana86

PostSubject: Re: Documents for passing eligibility need to be notarially certified?   Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:36 pm

Has someone received any email of pre- pre-selection yet? A friend of mine received it today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
falase

PostSubject: Re: Documents for passing eligibility need to be notarially certified?   Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:06 pm

Hey maria25,

here is my belated reply. You were proven right Smile. In the notification for having been pre-pre-selected, it said that simple copies were required. Interestingly inference from the rules from 2005 is still valid Smile.

Kind regards and thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mariealice

PostSubject: Re: Documents for passing eligibility need to be notarially certified?   Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:09 pm

Hi all,

Regarding the documents to send, I was wondering how strict the office was. More precisely:

- I did a 5 months internship that was first supposed to be a 4 months one - therefore my document states that the internship was 4 months only. Do you think it is an issue ?
- Regarding the languages, is it compulsory to have a proof for a language spoken at an 'A' level? In case I don't have any proof because I haven't taken any class with grades, do you think adding a document explaining my situation (i.e. I speak a little this language thanks to my family background) would be enough? I realize now I simply shouldn't have mentioned that language at all ; I did the application way too quickly without spending enough time on the guidelines...

I know only the EPSO office can answer those questions and I already sent them a message but I just thought some of you may have faced similar situation during previous sessions
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mestos

PostSubject: Re: Documents for passing eligibility need to be notarially certified?   Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:57 am

as for the job thing u should be fine imo, they say the accept all sorts of documents proving ur work experience so it shouldn't be an issue.
as for the second thing didnt u explain on ur application how you know that language? if you wrote there family background then u should be fine again because you havent lied.

i'm just guessing here though, not sure, better ask these guys directly to be safe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andre87

PostSubject: Re: Documents for passing eligibility need to be notarially certified?   Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:27 am

Regarding jobs/internships, they accept work contracts as proof and of course, work contracts on permanent positions specify start date and don't specify termination date because they're permanent positions. If they aren't picky in that situation, then you should be more than fine with your issue! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mariealice

PostSubject: Re: Documents for passing eligibility need to be notarially certified?   Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:13 pm

Thanks for your replies. Apparently they are stricter than expected, they just sent me this:
'This document in attachment is not a proof for an internship of 5 months, you receive usually a regular certification with a date after the end of the internship. But better this as nothing
Regards'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andre87

PostSubject: Re: Documents for passing eligibility need to be notarially certified?   Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:10 pm

Mariealice wrote:
Thanks for your replies. Apparently they are stricter than expected, they just sent me this:
'This document in attachment is not a proof for an internship of 5 months, you receive usually a regular certification with a date after the end of the internship. But better this as nothing
Regards'

Wow, that's unexpected. It's weird that they are stricter with internships than they're with work experience. I mean a work contract is enough to proof work experience (even though there's no termination date in a permanent work contract), but they require much stricter proofs for internships.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Documents for passing eligibility need to be notarially certified?   

Back to top Go down

Documents for passing eligibility need to be notarially certified?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1