Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

PDF Files - how to rename them once submitted

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
anabelenamil

PostSubject: PDF Files - how to rename them once submitted   Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:49 pm

Hello everyone!
I was pre-selected, submitted all of my documents in pdf, and received a message in the portal asking me to rename them:

"In order to facilitate the identification, we kindly ask you to name this file as follows: YourNationality_YourCandidateNumber_YourFamilyName_YourFirstName. (As for example: French_XXXXX_Dupont_Jean_XXXXXXXXXX.pdf)"

Does anyone know how to do that? Since one submitted, I can´t seem to find the way to edit the files´s name or delete it. I´ve already wrote an email to ask them for help but it takes up to 3 working days to receive a reply, and the deadline is quite close.

Thank you very much for your help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vega.ray

PostSubject: Re: PDF Files - how to rename them once submitted   Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:51 pm

I'm afraid I made the same mistake and also e-mailed them about it. Let me know what they tell you Sad. I hope we won't be out of the game due to this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anabelenamil

PostSubject: Re: PDF Files - how to rename them once submitted   Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:28 am

Hello vega.ray, thank you so much for your answer. I am also quite anxious about this issue, hoping that it doesn´t make a big difference in the selection procedure. It was really difficult for me to upload all the documents, and I didn´t pay attention to that final detail.
I am thinking about sending them the files with the correct names to their email address in case I do not receive a reply by tomorrow afternoon (Monday).
Please keep me updated!
Good luck Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EUPassenger

PostSubject: Re: PDF Files - how to rename them once submitted   Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:07 am

Hello everyone!

I was experiencing the same situation: I checked with the Traineeships Office and they told me that since I got the confirmation of uploading all the required documents, there should be no problem as long as they actually prove all the information from my CV. Wrongly labelling the documents will not impede the verification procedure. It should stand as a commonsensical assumption, at least for myself.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anabelenamil

PostSubject: Re: PDF Files - how to rename them once submitted   Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:12 pm

Dear EUPassenger,
thank you very much for your answer. I am so relieved to hear that. This is great news!
I wish you good luck too!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jorjo

PostSubject: Re: PDF Files - how to rename them once submitted   Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Just chiming in:

Same problem, sent a query to the contact desk and got the same reply:

Its fine, if there would be an issue they would have opened the chance to reupload the docs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anabelenamil

PostSubject: Re: PDF Files - how to rename them once submitted   Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:05 pm

Thank you jyrjo! I was afraid I was the only one but it seems it´s a common problem. As you´ve mentioned, there is no chance to edit the documents once submitted.
I hope everything turns out just fine. Best of luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Georgis

PostSubject: Re: PDF Files - how to rename them once submitted   Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:04 pm

Hey,

Anyone having trouble when uploading the documents? I can't access any confirmation message and the technical help from the "Desk-Satge" is not helpful...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Katha

PostSubject: Re: PDF Files - how to rename them once submitted   Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:03 am

Dear Georgis,

I had the same problem. Your upload is not successful until you get a confirmation message. Then it is also not possible to upload anything anymore. I had to try five times...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Georgis

PostSubject: Re: PDF Files - how to rename them once submitted   Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:51 am

Hey Katha,

I tried 10 times with different computers and I finally succeeded Razz
Best luck to all for the next steps
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mariealice

PostSubject: Re: PDF Files - how to rename them once submitted   Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:28 pm

Same, I just used another computer when it wasn't working. I think you need a very good connection.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jovichr

PostSubject: Re: PDF Files - how to rename them once submitted   Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:08 pm

I have been trying to submit my documents since the last Friday but without success. I am so disappointed and hopeless. I sent so many e-mails to DESK8 and to other official e-mails but they did not fix the problem.

So far, I am out of the game because of stupid technical issue that no one wants to solve. I asked EC to accept my documents via e-mail or mail but they was determined that I am obliged to submit documents only via ECAS account.

I will keep trying submitting my documents until midnight but I think I am doing it without possibility of success. Sad

Good luck to others.

R.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lucia_roman

PostSubject: Re: PDF Files - how to rename them once submitted   Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:17 pm

Dear Jovichr,
I do not think that you will be left out only because of that.
Have you made a print screen of the error appearing? Have you called the person responsible for your file- or anybody from the TO and asked them to call the technical dept to solve this issue for you?
It is not your fault here, and the TO should take all necessary action to ensure that the competition is fair to everybody.

jovichr wrote:
I have been trying to submit my documents since the last Friday but without success. I am so disappointed and hopeless. I sent so many e-mails to DESK8 and to other official e-mails but they did not fix the problem.

So far, I am out of the game because of stupid technical issue that no one wants to solve. I asked EC to accept my documents via e-mail or mail but they was determined that I am obliged to submit documents only via ECAS account.

I will keep trying submitting my documents until midnight but I think I am doing it without possibility of success.  Sad

Good luck to others.

R.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babel1234

PostSubject: Re: PDF Files - how to rename them once submitted   Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:23 pm

This is so strange... I have uploaded my documents on my ECAS account, and it says that I have "sent in the documentation", but I have not received any confirmation message like some of you apparenty have.

I cannot see what else I should do since I already sent the documentation and I sent them last week.

Does anyone have a clue?

Best regards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jovichr

PostSubject: Re: PDF Files - how to rename them once submitted   Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:48 pm

lucia_roman wrote:
Dear Jovichr,
I do not think that you will be left out only because of that.
Have you made a print screen of the error appearing? Have you called the person responsible for your file- or anybody from the TO and asked them to call the technical dept to solve this issue for you?
It is not your fault here, and the TO should take all necessary action to ensure that the competition is fair to everybody.

jovichr wrote:

I will keep trying submitting my documents until midnight but I think I am doing it without possibility of success.  Sad

Good luck to others.

R.

lucia roman, thanks for encouraging and advising me.

I got some instructions from DESK8 which I followed but without any luck. I also asked them to contact IT department for which purpose I sent them screenshots of every error message that appeared during my submission process.

So far, I did not get any response from DESK 8 after I sent them screenshots.

R.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Georgis

PostSubject: Re: PDF Files - how to rename them once submitted   Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:52 pm

Hey,

Is the total size of your files not over 8Mb? Did you try to use different computers/internet accesses?

Best and good luck
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jovichr

PostSubject: Re: PDF Files - how to rename them once submitted   Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:59 pm

Georgis wrote:
Hey,

Is the total size of your files not over 8Mb? Did you try to use different computers/internet accesses?

Best and good luck

Georgis,

I tried so many ways in order to overcome the problem but with no success (including different computers, internet providers, browsers etc...) Sad

R.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jovichr

PostSubject: Re: PDF Files - how to rename them once submitted   Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:35 pm

I did it ;-)

R.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jorjo

PostSubject: Re: PDF Files - how to rename them once submitted   Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:40 pm

babel1234 wrote:
This is so strange... I have uploaded my documents on my ECAS account, and it says that I have "sent in the documentation", but I have not received any confirmation message like some of you apparenty have.

I cannot see what else I should do since I already sent the documentation and I sent them last week.

Does anyone have a clue?

Best regards.

Same situation, but wouldnt be too concerned. "you have submitted your documents blabla" is a good indicator that its all good Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PDF Files - how to rename them once submitted   

Back to top Go down

PDF Files - how to rename them once submitted
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1