Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Dates of pre-selection

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
c_l



Posts : 22
Join date : 2015-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Dates of pre-selection   Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:13 pm

Here are 2 questions i asked the traineeship office and the answers they sent me:

<<If any of the candidates pre-identified to be included in the Blue Book fail to upload the necessary documents, is there a chance for the other candidates to be chosen as a replacement?

Or is there no chance for the candidates that didn`t recieve the email (announcing them as pre-identified) to continue with the traineeship for the October 2015 session?>>


<<To your first question: very difficult to answer, we had 22.000 applications, only 4000 were choosen fot the 2th phase of the selection. If one of the preselected don't send evidences this will make no great difference because only 2000 can entry in the Blue Book.

To the second one: candidates not preselected for a session can participate to the next sessions but for each session it is mandatory to repeat the application. >>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Werther1774



Posts : 7
Join date : 2015-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Dates of pre-selection   Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:51 pm

c_l wrote:
Here are 2 questions i asked the traineeship office and the answers they sent me:

<<If any of the candidates pre-identified to be included in the Blue Book fail to upload the necessary documents, is there a chance for the other candidates to be chosen as a replacement?

Or is there no chance for the candidates that didn`t recieve the email (announcing them as pre-identified) to continue with the traineeship for the October 2015 session?>>


<<To your first question: very difficult to answer, we had 22.000 applications, only 4000 were choosen fot the 2th phase of the selection. If one of the preselected don't send evidences this will make no great difference because only 2000 can entry in the Blue Book.

To the second one: candidates not preselected for a session can participate to the next sessions but for each session it is mandatory to repeat the application. >>


That would mean that the purpose of the eligibility phase is not only to verify whether the information provided in the application is correct but also to eliminate those candidates with the lowest score. Apart from that, it says on the website that 2800 people are included in the bluebook.

PS: Apparently, you do not have to be fluent in English to work at the Traineeship Office..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lemaitre



Posts : 5
Join date : 2015-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Dates of pre-selection   Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:29 pm

guys, feel free to join our little group of pre-identifiés on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/755338501250640/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaspered



Posts : 4
Join date : 2015-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Dates of pre-selection   Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:46 pm

Werther1774 wrote:
c_l wrote:
Here are 2 questions i asked the traineeship office and the answers they sent me:

<<If any of the candidates pre-identified to be included in the Blue Book fail to upload the necessary documents, is there a chance for the other candidates to be chosen as a replacement?

Or is there no chance for the candidates that didn`t recieve the email (announcing them as pre-identified) to continue with the traineeship for the October 2015 session?>>


<<To your first question: very difficult to answer, we had 22.000 applications, only 4000 were choosen fot the 2th phase of the selection. If one of the preselected don't send evidences this will make no great difference because only 2000 can entry in the Blue Book.

To the second one: candidates not preselected for a session can participate to the next sessions but for each session it is mandatory to repeat the application. >>


That would mean that the purpose of the eligibility phase is not only to verify whether the information provided in the application is correct but also to eliminate those candidates with the lowest score. Apart from that, it says on the website that 2800 people are included in the bluebook.

PS: Apparently, you do not have to be fluent in English to work at the Traineeship Office..

You don't have to be fluent in English? Now I'm going crazy...!!!! I don't think I'm ever going to apply for a position. The selection procedure is probably obscure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pajarita



Posts : 16
Join date : 2015-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Dates of pre-selection   Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:48 pm

jluque wrote:
Hi there!

First of all, congratulations to all those of you who were pre-selected! Cool

As for me, this is my first post in this forum and my first time applying for the translation traineeship as well. I am a 24-year-old Spanish boy, hold a bachelor's degree in Translation and Interpreting and speak fluently Spanish, English, French, Italian and German. I have also taken several language certificates, but have no relevant experience neither as a translator nor as an interpreter, as I just finished my studies.

I have received no response so far and, yet, have the feeling that I will not be pre-selected. However, far from being disappointed about it, this encourages me to keep on getting better Smile


Now, @Pajarita, may I ask you what kind of traineeship did you apply for and when were you notified about the positive outcome of pre-selection?

Hope you all have a nice day! Razz

Hi! I applied for generalists and have been notified on the Friday as everyone. Sorry to dissapoint you, but if you still have not received anything...there is not much to be done Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jluque



Posts : 7
Join date : 2015-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Dates of pre-selection   Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:32 pm

Well, we applied for different traineeships... So far, I have only read posts from people who applied for the general traineeship. Even though I have the feeling I won't be pre-selected, I think the pre-selection process isn't over yet, otherwise why have us wait until the end of May to get a definite response? I find the statement they wrote on the Traineeship Office website to be quite ambiguous.


Last edited by jluque on Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pajarita



Posts : 16
Join date : 2015-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Dates of pre-selection   Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:35 pm

jluque wrote:
Well, we applied for different traineeships... So far, I have only read posts from people who applied for the general traineeship. Even though I have the feeling I won't be pre-selected, I think the pre-selection process isn't over yet, otherwise it wouldn't make sense at all to have us wait until the end of May to get a definite response...

Wait, do you mean pre-identified or pre-selected?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jluque



Posts : 7
Join date : 2015-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Dates of pre-selection   Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:34 am

Oops... I'm afraid I don't know it... What's exactly the difference between them both?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pajarita



Posts : 16
Join date : 2015-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Dates of pre-selection   Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:51 am

jluque wrote:
Oops... I'm afraid I don't know it... What's exactly the difference between them both?

in order to understand the difference, please read here: http://ec.europa.eu/stages/how/how_en.htm

and here: http://ec.europa.eu/stages/how/steps_en.htm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Atsi



Posts : 17
Join date : 2015-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Dates of pre-selection   Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:58 pm

Ok, I haven't received anything from the EC, so I guess that means rejection?But what do you see in your application status when you login? Because mine still has "your application has been successfully submitted. Should't it say rejected or something?
Cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hannyazsofia



Posts : 20
Join date : 2015-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Dates of pre-selection   Mon May 04, 2015 10:10 am

Hey guys,

It is already 4th of May, and I didn't hear anything back since. I reckon it means rejection but I find it quite unfair to make us wait and hope Sad anyone heard anything lately?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Virgilijus



Posts : 2
Join date : 2015-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Dates of pre-selection   Tue May 05, 2015 10:11 pm

Hi folks!

I got a pre-selected status at CoR a few days ago.
Does anyone have an idea when should I expect a call from them?
I've already send the acceptance form.

Good luck to everyone! )

Virgilijus from Lithuania
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dovilesl



Posts : 1
Join date : 2015-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Dates of pre-selection   Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 am

It's written in EC website (http://ec.europa.eu/stages/) "All candidates will receive an email informing them of the outcome of the preselection exercise around end of May. Candidates pre-identified for inclusion in the Blue Book were sent an e-mail message inviting them to upload their supporting documents. If you did not receive such a message, you were not among the pre-identified candidates." Let me make sure I've got this right: if I didn't get the message yet, I should not expect to get the positive answer? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hannyazsofia



Posts : 20
Join date : 2015-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Dates of pre-selection   Wed May 06, 2015 9:11 am

dovilesl wrote:
It's written in EC website (http://ec.europa.eu/stages/) "All candidates will receive an email informing them of the outcome of the preselection exercise around end of May. Candidates pre-identified for inclusion in the Blue Book were sent an e-mail message inviting them to upload their supporting documents. If you did not receive such a message, you were not among the pre-identified candidates." Let me make sure I've got this right: if I didn't get the message yet, I should not expect to get the positive answer? Rolling Eyes

Hey, I am in the same situation - haven't got anything yet and I do believe it means rejection. I just don't see why they can't send us a message. With CoR it's the same if you don't get any e-mails in the near future it means rejection. but also I'm sure they have way too much applications, so...

You need luck when you apply because you can have the most convincing background but the end of the day maybe your application ends up with someone who has different point of view on scoring. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
feders91



Posts : 6
Join date : 2015-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Dates of pre-selection   Mon May 11, 2015 9:14 pm

Check your inbox guys, results of the preselection procedure are out
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarag



Posts : 4
Join date : 2015-04-17
Location : Denmark/Germany

PostSubject: Re: Dates of pre-selection   Mon May 11, 2015 9:31 pm

Yup. I got a blank email but the results are visible on the portal itself.

Included in the Blue book here!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pajarita



Posts : 16
Join date : 2015-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Dates of pre-selection   Mon May 11, 2015 10:48 pm

Pre-selected here as well!! !Olé!

One question guys: I've understood the the Relex (EEAS) ist he most popular DG and I would like to know WHY? confused

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
c_l



Posts : 22
Join date : 2015-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Dates of pre-selection   Mon May 11, 2015 10:54 pm

May i ask you how many points did you get?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pajarita



Posts : 16
Join date : 2015-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Dates of pre-selection   Mon May 11, 2015 11:24 pm

Well, I have no access to that information... At least i think so. There is nothing about the points neither in the e-mail nor on the portal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
peejay



Posts : 7
Join date : 2015-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Dates of pre-selection   Mon May 11, 2015 11:28 pm

Are you guys thinking of contacting specific units or DGs?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarag



Posts : 4
Join date : 2015-04-17
Location : Denmark/Germany

PostSubject: Re: Dates of pre-selection   Mon May 11, 2015 11:38 pm

I am not sure, perhaps. list of emails under the message on the portal....

And I dont think we know the points we scored.

Here is to continued hoping haha!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
feders91



Posts : 6
Join date : 2015-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Dates of pre-selection   Tue May 12, 2015 8:43 am

Pajarita wrote:
Pre-selected here as well!! !Olé!

One question guys: I've understood the the Relex (EEAS) ist he most popular DG and I would like to know WHY?  confused

Thanks!

Hi, I'd say that since a substantial number of applicants are/have been students of international relations/foreign affairs this DG would be one of the most sought-after... Here I am assuming that most applicants want to work in the DGs that are the most "coherent" to their academic background, but it's just my speculation.

However, may I ask you where did you get this info from? Is there anything like a "most popular DG" ranking available on the webz or is it an impression drawn from your own knowledge/experience?

Wink Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ewka



Posts : 5
Join date : 2015-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Dates of pre-selection   Tue May 12, 2015 9:01 am

hey guys! too those who intend to lobby - are you sending emails to the specific units and if yes, what are you writing? just expressing interest in starting internship there or some more backgroud information? i am totally confused now about what to do - lobby or not to lobby? Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pajarita



Posts : 16
Join date : 2015-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Dates of pre-selection   Tue May 12, 2015 9:13 am

Oh, I have been reading many blogs about this traineeship and just sum it up. However, some people (ex-trainees) actually said that it is "the most popular DG". I was just wondering if it would be the most interesting one to work in... Very Happy

Anyway guys, what DG are you targeting?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
azkona



Posts : 3
Join date : 2014-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Dates of pre-selection   Tue May 12, 2015 2:12 pm

Good luck to everyone confirmed pre-selected! Lobbying stage ongoing! =D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pajarita



Posts : 16
Join date : 2015-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Dates of pre-selection   Tue May 12, 2015 3:19 pm

OMG! I have just received this affraid affraid

Dear Candidate,

The pre-selection phase is now completed.

As announced in the calendar of the website, all candidates are to be notified on the status of their application.

Due to a bug in the IT system you received an erroneous e-mail on Monday 11 May 2015. Please disregard the email you have already received.

A new e-mail will be addressed to you between today and tomorrow...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
hannyazsofia



Posts : 20
Join date : 2015-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Dates of pre-selection   Tue May 12, 2015 3:23 pm

Anyone got pre-selection mail from CoR? They just called me which was quite unexpected :S :S oh my...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hannyazsofia



Posts : 20
Join date : 2015-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Dates of pre-selection   Tue May 12, 2015 3:25 pm

Pajarita wrote:
OMG! I have just received this  affraid  affraid

Dear Candidate,

The pre-selection phase is now completed.

As announced in the calendar of the website, all candidates are to be notified on the status of their application.

Due to a bug in the IT system you received an erroneous e-mail on Monday 11 May 2015. Please disregard the email you have already received.

A new e-mail will be addressed to you between today and tomorrow...


i got the same e-mail but before that I didn't get anything from them... and now when I log in the status of my application is not available - it gives an error message Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Louisa



Posts : 2
Join date : 2015-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Dates of pre-selection   Tue May 12, 2015 3:34 pm

Yup, same here, error pops up when I try to check the 'results of the preselection procedure'. I think it's pretty clear that preselection was completed beginning April and now it's time to let all us rejects know the sad news lol. Goodluck to those preselected!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pajarita



Posts : 16
Join date : 2015-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Dates of pre-selection   Tue May 12, 2015 3:49 pm

Well, I don't have that problem. I log off, then log in again and still have the same message:

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We are pleased to announce you that you have been pre-selected for a traineeship with the European Commission, for the October 2015 session. Your application will be included in the Blue Book...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Dates of pre-selection   

Back to top Go down
 
Dates of pre-selection
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Current or previous ex-dividend and dividend pay dates
» Bacon-Wrapped Dates
» New IPOs in near future
» HNB DIVIDEND & SPILT
» BLUE - Sub Division of Shares Dates (Voting & Non-Voting)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg :: Traineeship in the EC :: October 2015 Traineeship-
Jump to: