Share
Go down
Louisa
Posts : 2
Join date : 2015-03-19

Re: Dates of pre-selection

on Tue May 12, 2015 4:05 pm
Ah Congratulations! I live in Africa so maybe it's my internet connection. So I guess they are still pre-selecting until now.
azkona
Posts : 3
Join date : 2014-05-16

Re: Dates of pre-selection

on Tue May 12, 2015 5:10 pm
Confirmed pre-selected for the comission even after the bug issue.

Regarding CoR, I have been also confirmed pre-selected but I didn't get any call yet.

HMDB_
Posts : 12
Join date : 2015-04-14

Re: Dates of pre-selection

on Tue May 12, 2015 7:12 pm
azkona wrote:Confirmed pre-selected for the comission even after the bug issue.

Regarding CoR, I have been also confirmed pre-selected but I didn't get any call yet.


May i ask if you received another e-mail after the one regarding the technical issue?
I did not receive any e-mail but on the system it does say I was not preselected.. Only that message is dated from yesterday when this technical error was supposed to have taken place.. So now I do not know if they just forgot to send the e-mail or if I am actually 2 points below the threshold.. Neutral
azkona
Posts : 3
Join date : 2014-05-16

Re: Dates of pre-selection

on Tue May 12, 2015 8:26 pm
Yes, they sent a second e.mail with the front text title: Results of the preselection procedure

where were notifying you the current status.

Regards!
nomedellarosa
Posts : 30
Join date : 2015-01-15
Location : Turin

Re: Dates of pre-selection

on Wed May 13, 2015 8:16 am
HMDB_ wrote:
azkona wrote:Confirmed pre-selected for the comission even after the bug issue.

Regarding CoR, I have been also confirmed pre-selected but I didn't get any call yet.


May i ask if you received another e-mail after the one regarding the technical issue?
I did not receive any e-mail but on the system it does say I was not preselected.. Only that message is dated from yesterday when this technical error was supposed to have taken place.. So now I do not know if they just forgot to send the e-mail or if I am actually 2 points below the threshold.. Neutral  

I am exactly in the same situation you are. But I am 5 points below the threshold Mad
I actually don't know what to do. This is my second shot. I speak english, french, italian; I have a master's degree in law and a final thesis in european union law; relevant work experiences... and I always need these 5 points! No
HMDB_
Posts : 12
Join date : 2015-04-14

Re: Dates of pre-selection

on Wed May 13, 2015 11:03 am
nomedellarosa wrote:
HMDB_ wrote:
azkona wrote:Confirmed pre-selected for the comission even after the bug issue.

Regarding CoR, I have been also confirmed pre-selected but I didn't get any call yet.


May i ask if you received another e-mail after the one regarding the technical issue?
I did not receive any e-mail but on the system it does say I was not preselected.. Only that message is dated from yesterday when this technical error was supposed to have taken place.. So now I do not know if they just forgot to send the e-mail or if I am actually 2 points below the threshold.. Neutral  

I am exactly in the same situation you are. But I am 5 points below the threshold Mad
I actually don't know what to do. This is my second shot. I speak english, french, italian; I have a master's degree in law and a final thesis in european union law; relevant work experiences... and I always need these 5 points! No

I think that although your profile is very good, many people here just have crazy backgrounds...
Perhaps try to learn another language? Or do some volunteering?
nomedellarosa
Posts : 30
Join date : 2015-01-15
Location : Turin

Re: Dates of pre-selection

on Wed May 13, 2015 3:46 pm
HMDB_ wrote:
nomedellarosa wrote:
HMDB_ wrote:
azkona wrote:Confirmed pre-selected for the comission even after the bug issue.

Regarding CoR, I have been also confirmed pre-selected but I didn't get any call yet.


May i ask if you received another e-mail after the one regarding the technical issue?
I did not receive any e-mail but on the system it does say I was not preselected.. Only that message is dated from yesterday when this technical error was supposed to have taken place.. So now I do not know if they just forgot to send the e-mail or if I am actually 2 points below the threshold.. Neutral  

I am exactly in the same situation you are. But I am 5 points below the threshold Mad
I actually don't know what to do. This is my second shot. I speak english, french, italian; I have a master's degree in law and a final thesis in european union law; relevant work experiences... and I always need these 5 points! No

I think that although your profile is very good, many people here just have crazy backgrounds...
Perhaps try to learn another language? Or do some volunteering?

I'm currently interning at the United Nation and I can just hope for the next shot (March 2016)!
Good luck for us all! cheers
jluque
Posts : 7
Join date : 2015-04-13

Re: Dates of pre-selection

on Wed May 13, 2015 3:58 pm
Hi guys,

I have just received an e-mail inviting me to log into my personal account so as to read a notification regarding my application. I thought they were eventually going to tell me that I have been rejected, but as I log into my personal account, I am not able to see anything else but this (which has not changed at all from the very beginning)...

http://i19.servimg.com/u/f19/19/22/33/78/sin_ty11.png

So, the question is: where is my notification? Am I in the right place?

Thanks for your help!
jvs
Posts : 9
Join date : 2015-04-13

Re: Dates of pre-selection

on Wed May 13, 2015 5:09 pm
@jluque: I just received the same email at 15:10 while nothing new is visible in my account. It seems they are not very IT-savvy Laughing
jluque
Posts : 7
Join date : 2015-04-13

Re: Dates of pre-selection

on Wed May 13, 2015 5:30 pm
@jvs, I see Laughing but I just want to get that damn rejection email once at all... A friend of mine has had the same issue... I have just sent them an email!
b00tsi3
Posts : 16
Join date : 2015-04-21

Re: Dates of pre-selection

on Wed May 13, 2015 5:55 pm
@jluque I received the same e-mail today (15:10), but I also got the e-mail from them yesterday confirming that I was pre-selected. So far, nothing has changed on my account. I assume this is just an automatic e-mail advising you that something "happened", but we were already (or at least should have been) notified about this even before.. anyone else has the same issue?
HMDB_
Posts : 12
Join date : 2015-04-14

Re: Dates of pre-selection

on Wed May 13, 2015 6:01 pm
b00tsi3 wrote:@jluque I received the same e-mail today (15:10), but I also got the e-mail from them yesterday confirming that I was pre-selected. So far, nothing has changed on my account. I assume this is just an automatic e-mail advising you that something "happened", but we were already (or at least should have been) notified about this even before.. anyone else has the same issue?

I have exactly the same.. The message I see on my account is dated from Monday.. So nothing actually changed?
It's quite confusing because I thought there was a bug in the system on Monday, or something, but they did not revise anything..
Antek21
Posts : 4
Join date : 2015-04-14

Re: Dates of pre-selection

on Wed May 13, 2015 6:45 pm
b00tsi3 wrote:@jluque I received the same e-mail today (15:10), but I also got the e-mail from them yesterday confirming that I was pre-selected. So far, nothing has changed on my account. I assume this is just an automatic e-mail advising you that something "happened", but we were already (or at least should have been) notified about this even before.. anyone else has the same issue?

You mena this email, right?


Brussels, 13/05/2015

Dear Sir or Madam,

This is to inform you that a new message has been published in your personal account regarding your application for a traineeship at the European Commission.

Please access your personal account to read the message, and to follow any instructions contained.

To access your personal account, you need to do the following:
1) Access the link: https://ec.europa.eu/stages/online/login/
2) In the ECAS login page, make sure that the selected domain is "External".
3) Enter as username the same e-mail address you used for creating your application (like xxx@gmail.com).
We suggest you access your personal account at least once a week, to ensure you are always informed on any updates regarding your application.

Kind regards,



The Traineeships Office Unit
...

I have the same problem. I log in my account but there is nothing new since 10/4 when I was informed that I was pre-identified for the Blue Book. I didn't receive any email on Monday. If anyone has recent feedback let us know. Thanks!
jluque
Posts : 7
Join date : 2015-04-13

Re: Dates of pre-selection

on Wed May 13, 2015 6:55 pm
Yes, that's the same email I got, but this was the first time I ever received a response from them... I haven't been pre-identified nor have I received former notifications...
HMDB_
Posts : 12
Join date : 2015-04-14

Re: Dates of pre-selection

on Wed May 13, 2015 6:56 pm
I cannot believe how disorganized they are..
jvs
Posts : 9
Join date : 2015-04-13

Re: Dates of pre-selection

on Wed May 13, 2015 9:08 pm
For me (translation traineeship) the message is visible now
Antek21
Posts : 4
Join date : 2015-04-14

Re: Dates of pre-selection

on Wed May 13, 2015 9:10 pm
Same here. Account was just "updated". (Translation traineeship)
jluque
Posts : 7
Join date : 2015-04-13

Re: Dates of pre-selection

on Wed May 13, 2015 11:18 pm
Same for me.

I received a negative response, just as I expected. What really has me freaking out most from the whole issue is that they did not even mention that damned threshold of theirs to support the negative assessment. They just kind of told me "You haven't passed" and "There's nothing you can do to amend it".

Well, I reckon that being fluent in five languages and holding a Bachelor in Translation and Interpreting is not enough for a translation traineeship. Next time, I will apply with two Bachelors, three master's degrees and eight languages lol!

Congratulations to all those of you who passed! Wish you the best Very Happy
belledenuit
Posts : 19
Join date : 2015-03-22
Location : Belgium

Re: Dates of pre-selection

on Fri May 15, 2015 12:42 pm
I also got a email on Wednesday, but I was able to actually see a change in my account only today... weird! I´m in the Blue book, but I´ve decided to go with the traineeship at the EP in Lux this summer, as I have already received an offer there (and it is a better timing for me than the autumn session). Good luck to everyone sunny !
Virgilijus
Posts : 2
Join date : 2015-05-05

Re: Dates of pre-selection

on Sat May 16, 2015 1:44 pm
Hey!
What about CoR? Did anyone get a call from them?
ewka
Posts : 5
Join date : 2015-04-13

Re: Dates of pre-selection

on Sat May 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Virgilijus wrote:Hey!
What about CoR? Did anyone get a call from them?

Yep - I have a phone interview on Tuesday afternoon!
hannyazsofia
Posts : 20
Join date : 2015-04-13

Re: Dates of pre-selection

on Sat May 16, 2015 5:32 pm
Yeah I got a call as well but they just called me randomly and i didnt have time to prepare or anything
hannyazsofia
Posts : 20
Join date : 2015-04-13

Re: Dates of pre-selection

on Sat May 16, 2015 5:33 pm
@ewka which Unit if i may ask?
ewka
Posts : 5
Join date : 2015-04-13

Re: Dates of pre-selection

on Sat May 16, 2015 5:33 pm
hannyazsofia wrote:Yeah I got a call as well but they just called me randomly and i didnt have time to prepare or anything

What did they ask about? Was the interview in held in English?
hannyazsofia
Posts : 20
Join date : 2015-04-13

Re: Dates of pre-selection

on Sat May 16, 2015 5:38 pm
@ewka yes in English only and they only asked if i could start in september for sure. Also they asked what i really do for the embassy (my current job) but honestly i didnt have time to talk we only had 1-2 mins and actually i called them back as i saw i had a missed call. They didnt ask for an appointment just asked these two simple questions. (Its for UNIT C4)
ewka
Posts : 5
Join date : 2015-04-13

Re: Dates of pre-selection

on Sat May 16, 2015 6:32 pm
Thanks! I applied to unit B1 - Legal Service. Did they tell you when you can expect to receive a formal offer?
hannyazsofia
Posts : 20
Join date : 2015-04-13

Re: Dates of pre-selection

on Sat May 16, 2015 6:47 pm
In 4 weeks
jacques5511
Posts : 3
Join date : 2015-01-26

Re: Dates of pre-selection

on Fri May 29, 2015 3:05 pm
https://www.facebook.com/groups/755338501250640/
Sponsored content

Re: Dates of pre-selection

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum