Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Language certification not full

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kambata

PostSubject: Language certification not full   Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:18 pm

Hello,

I am preparing the documentation to upload for the Oct 2015 traineeship.

I have my proofs for English, Dutch, French, German

However I also have a very good level of Russian and Polish.
Russian I studied by myself for several years, the language is close to my native Bulgarian. It would be a lie to ignore the language in the application process, but i got no formal proof of it.
Polish I also studied without any courses My partner is Polish and I speak the language almost on daily basis. Same holds here, I would like if I say i do not know the language.

Any suggestions? I think I will explain the above in a signed declaration attached to the PDF file.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Werther1774

PostSubject: Re: Language certification not full   Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:58 pm

Kambata wrote:
Hello,

I am preparing the documentation to upload for the Oct 2015 traineeship.

I have my proofs for English, Dutch, French, German

However I also have a very good level of Russian and Polish.
Russian I studied by myself for several years, the language is close to my native Bulgarian. It would be a lie to ignore the language in the application process, but i got no formal proof of it.
Polish I also studied without any courses My partner is Polish and I speak the language almost on daily basis. Same holds here, I would like if I say i do not know the language.

Any suggestions? I think I will explain the above in a signed declaration attached to the PDF file.

I think you only need to provide certificates if you stated in your application that you have passed a certain test. If you did not Claim that you hold a certain diploma then you cannot and do not have to provide it. I think that the eligibility test is just to see whether what you wrote in your application is correct or not. Thus, a signed declaration will probably not hurt but I do not see the benefit of it, given that this explanation is already in your application.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kambata

PostSubject: Re: Language certification not full   Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:10 pm

I am just afraid they may reject my application if i do not provide proofs. I have not stated that I have any formal level of the languages, just used the A, B, C grading... plus i put short comments saying that I have studied those languages on my own.

Thanks for the reply , i hope you are right
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Language certification not full   

Back to top Go down

Language certification not full
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1