Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Preselection

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
CMD



Posts : 18
Join date : 2015-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:09 pm

Anyone heard from the "services juridiques"?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gord1



Posts : 13
Join date : 2015-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:22 pm

natii0817 wrote:
Gord1 wrote:
Intrafin wrote:
Gord1 wrote:

The email did not even mention a specific Directorate..

I have no clue what is going on..

did they ask u to upload documents? they put me on a reserve list and asked to sent documentation.

They did ask me to send them documents before the 4th of December

was placed on the reserve list for "General Secretariat of the European Parliament". I was also put on the deserve list for the general secretariat. But I don't understand whether I have to send the documents by the 4th December and then will have to wait until the 22 January to find out if i got a place, or wait for another email before the 4th and will need to send the documents then. In any case I'm sure no one will decline their place, so I'm nit even raising my hopes up. But good luck to all and congrats to those who were offered the traineeships!! Smile

I think you have to send you documents before the 4th and then wait.
Realistically it is kind of over, but you never know a miracle might happen but I am not raising my hope either. Best of luck to everyone
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kkarlo



Posts : 3
Join date : 2015-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:10 am

i also got the e-mail about reserve list for General Secretariat of the European Parliament..did anyone get rejected or everyone are who are not selected are on reserve list? And, more importantly ,do we wait response for our selected DG-s or this "reserve list" applies for all DG (i choose internal and research)?
tnx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Intrafin



Posts : 10
Join date : 2015-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:10 pm

Kkarlo wrote:
i also got the e-mail about reserve list for General Secretariat of the European Parliament..did anyone get rejected or everyone are who are not selected are on reserve list? And, more importantly ,do we wait response for our selected DG-s or this "reserve list" applies for all DG (i choose internal and research)?
tnx

I wonder that too.
It appears that everyone is either offer an internship or put on reserve list, no rejections. Which would mean some 20k+ people on reserve list.
Last period people were notified by #1 DG they chose, now by general secretariat.
Very confusing.
And they don't answer e-mails, I bet there are many people emailing them about this each period yet they have not put anything on web/faq.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
natii0817



Posts : 4
Join date : 2015-11-09
Age : 24
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:33 am

Unfortunately I think there's no escape from the reserve list, so I guess for those of us who are on it, it is sort of over...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lol



Posts : 15
Join date : 2015-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:14 pm

natii0817 wrote:
Unfortunately I think there's no escape from the reserve list, so I guess for those of us who are on it, it is sort of over...

If I were you, I wouldn't lose hope, cause there is still chance to be chosen after someone else's rejection. Some people apply for a traineeship in the EP and the EC at the same time and being accepted by both of the institutions have to make up their mind eventually.

What is more, I think it's better to at least be on the reserve list rather than not get any mail, like in my case...;(
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Intrafin



Posts : 10
Join date : 2015-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:10 pm

jw23 wrote:
natii0817 wrote:
Unfortunately I think there's no escape from the reserve list, so I guess for those of us who are on it, it is sort of over...

If I were you, I wouldn't lose hope, cause there is still chance to be chosen after someone else's rejection. Some people apply for a traineeship in the EP and the EC at the same time and being accepted by both of the institutions have to make up their mind eventually.

What is more, I think it's better to at least be on the reserve list rather than not get any mail, like in my case...;(

that is true.

my friend was put on a reserve list then offered an internship. but he declined it so some other person from the reserve list was offered.

it is possible, but it is almost like winning lottery Very Happy
plus, we dont know if everyone is put on a reserve list nor how big it is nor where we are positioned on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
european



Posts : 9
Join date : 2015-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:50 pm

well and there is some kind of activity bias with this board: if you are not put on the reserve list, you did not get an email, and as decisions were originally announced to be taken at end of december, why should you use google and find this board?  .. so I guess if you are put on a reserve list, there is really some non-vanishing probability left. good luck everyone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
elo89



Posts : 17
Join date : 2015-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:02 am

Hello all,

I have a question about selection. I have been shortlisted for a traineeship with ITRE, but I am not yet in a position to formally accept the offer as I've been offered positions elsewhere.

At what stage are we expected to formally commit to a position with the EP? As I have also been pre-selected for the Blue Book, will the EP application process rule out a traineeship at the Commission at any point before the formal start of EP's traineeship?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
M-M



Posts : 16
Join date : 2015-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:09 am

@elo89

You can only do one paid traineeship in the european institutions, so there is no chance to do both commission and parlament.

You commit yourself to the traineeship after you've received a traineeship Offer from the dg. The offer is formal and not the same as the shortlisting email we received last tuesday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
M-M



Posts : 16
Join date : 2015-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:10 am

So i think you still have time in deciding which one to choose at least until you get the Official offer from the parlament
Back to top Go down
View user profile
elo89



Posts : 17
Join date : 2015-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:11 am

@M-M

Hi,

I'm very aware that I can only do one traineeship, and that is why I'm asking. Thanks for the clarification about the traineeship offer!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paloma00



Posts : 8
Join date : 2015-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:46 am

Hi everyone!

I have also been shortlisted -in the General Secretariat of the European Parliament, Directorate-General for External Policies, Subcommittee on Security and Defence-. I sent the documents required like five days ago, do we have to wait for a confirmation?? I mean, are they going to send us an email confirming that the documents are correct or do we have to wait until the final response?

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
M.M.



Posts : 4
Join date : 2015-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:05 am

I wonder that too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
almond89



Posts : 17
Join date : 2015-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:21 am

Hello,

I have one question about documents to send. What (everything) did you send as a diploma? Because at my university, I have one page of "diploma" stating a degree was coneferred on me, and other 4 pages of something called "supplements to diploma with courses, grades and explications". I am afraid if i scan all the pages for both degrees, it is going to be a huge file and could not pass.

What about you, guys?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paloma00



Posts : 8
Join date : 2015-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:32 am

Hi,

I have some kind of problem with that too, although I have finished my studies, I do not yet have the official diplomas -it takes between one or two years to be ready, depends on the university-. However, the university has provided me with two official documents that prove I have finished my studies and requested my diplomas. I hope it would be enough with those documents. They're about one page each, but I do not think they care about the amount.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nathalie



Posts : 11
Join date : 2015-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:01 pm

almond89 wrote:
Hello,

I have one question about documents to send. What (everything) did you send as a diploma? Because at my university, I have one page of "diploma" stating a degree was coneferred on me, and other 4 pages of something called "supplements to diploma with courses, grades and explications". I am afraid if i scan all the pages for both degrees, it is going to be a huge file and could not pass.

What about you, guys?

Hi! I've also sent my diplomas together with the international diploma supplement of my bachelor's degree since that document is in Dutch and I filled in the English name of the university on the online application form, but I didn't send them my grades. Anyhow I think it's better to deliver too much information than too little Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nathalie



Posts : 11
Join date : 2015-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:06 pm

Paloma00 wrote:
Hi,

I have some kind of problem with that too, although I have finished my studies, I do not yet have the official diplomas -it takes between one or two years to be ready, depends on the university-. However, the university has provided me with two official documents that prove I have finished my studies and requested my diplomas. I hope it would be enough with those documents. They're about one page each, but I do not think they care about the amount.

I've found this in the FAQ document :

16) Q: I have completed my studies (minimum three years’ duration) but have not yet received my diploma. Can I nonetheless apply for a university graduate traineeship?
A: If you have completed your studies but not yet received an official degree certificate, you can still apply to do a university graduate traineeship if you provide a formal statement from your university confirming your degree result.


Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oslo09



Posts : 4
Join date : 2015-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:45 pm

Hi guys,

I also received an email from the EP stating that I have been placed on a reserve list for a traineeship in the General Secretariat of the European Parliament. I replied to their email and enclosed all the documents listed.

For those of you who also sent the requested documentation, did you receive an email acknowledging the receipt of your documents?

Please let me know Smile best of luck to you all!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nathalie



Posts : 11
Join date : 2015-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:01 pm

@ Oslo09

The Traineeship Office don't send confirmation emails. If they find a problem with your documents, they will contact you by e-mail but only if you are shorlisted.

'Applicants on the waiting list will not be contacted again unless selected applicants have declined the traineeship offers'.

See FAQ.

But since they also asked the applicants on the waiting list to send all the documents I'm not sure anymore Wink


Last edited by Nathalie on Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oslo09



Posts : 4
Join date : 2015-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:04 pm

Nathalie wrote:
@ Oslo09

The Traineeship Office don't send confirmation emails. If they find a problem with your documents, they will contact you by e-mail but only if you are shorlisted.

'Applicants on the waiting list will not be contacted again unless selected applicants have declined the traineeship offers'.

See FAQ.

But since they also asked the applications on the waiting list to send all the documents I'm not sure anymore Wink

Thanks @Nathalie. I just wanted to make sure that my email has been correctly received by the Recruitment Office, hence my question Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nathalie



Posts : 11
Join date : 2015-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:15 pm

@Oslo09 I understand. I was thinking the same. I haven't received a confirmation email and I have been shortlisted for DG Communication but the deadline is 2 December and 4 December for applicants on the waiting list so, I guess we just have to be patient Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paloma00



Posts : 8
Join date : 2015-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:17 pm

Nathalie wrote:
Paloma00 wrote:
Hi,

I have some kind of problem with that too, although I have finished my studies, I do not yet have the official diplomas -it takes between one or two years to be ready, depends on the university-. However, the university has provided me with two official documents that prove I have finished my studies and requested my diplomas. I hope it would be enough with those documents. They're about one page each, but I do not think they care about the amount.

I've found this in the FAQ document :

16) Q: I have completed my studies (minimum three years’ duration) but have not yet received my diploma. Can I nonetheless apply for a university graduate traineeship?
A: If you have completed your studies but not yet received an official degree certificate, you can still apply to do a university graduate traineeship if you provide a formal statement from your university confirming your degree result.


Smile

Thanks for the info!! Reading this I guess there is no problem sending the certificates instead of the diplomas.

It's not easy to be patient! Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bricle1



Posts : 7
Join date : 2015-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:06 pm

Is there anyone who havn`t receive answer yet? Or maybe someone receive rejection?
Just wonder, because I havn`t got any answer regarding preselection, reserve list or rejection..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nas



Posts : 23
Join date : 2011-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:58 pm

I have also been placed in the reserve list. But I was wondering if this is the correct email for sending the documents: PERS-Trainee-Recrut@ep.europa.eu

or is there a typing mistake in 'Recrut' (because normally in English it should be Recruit)?

Thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mavb



Posts : 2
Join date : 2015-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:15 pm

bricle1 wrote:
Is there anyone who havn`t receive answer yet? Or maybe someone receive rejection?
Just wonder, because I havn`t got any answer regarding preselection, reserve list or rejection..

Hi bricle1,
I haven't received anything yet as well. I don't know what to think. Probably, if all Departments have sent answers, we will get a rejection email in a couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
european



Posts : 9
Join date : 2015-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:42 pm

nas wrote:
I have also been placed in the reserve list. But I was wondering if this is the correct email for sending the documents: PERS-Trainee-Recrut [at] ep.europa.eu

or is there a typing mistake in 'Recrut' (because normally in English it should be Recruit)?

That's funny indeed Very Happy But my mail client claims to have received the email already from PERS-Trainee-Recrut [at] europarl.europa.eu , so it must have been either a very smart hack (unprobable, as I got an answer already by someone in the respective unit, too Wink ), or it really is a typo, maybe by some Dutch or German speaking person long time ago..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nas



Posts : 23
Join date : 2011-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:48 pm

european wrote:
nas wrote:
I have also been placed in the reserve list. But I was wondering if this is the correct email for sending the documents: PERS-Trainee-Recrut [at] ep.europa.eu

or is there a typing mistake in 'Recrut' (because normally in English it should be Recruit)?

That's funny indeed Very Happy But my mail client claims to have received the email already from PERS-Trainee-Recrut [at] europarl.europa.eu , so it must have been either a very smart hack (unprobable, as I got an answer already by someone in the respective unit, too Wink ), or it really is a typo, maybe by some Dutch or German speaking person long time ago..

@european! Ok so now I am again confused: its [at] europarl.europa.eu, not [at] ep.europa.eu confused
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nathalie



Posts : 11
Join date : 2015-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:07 pm

nas wrote:
european wrote:
nas wrote:
I have also been placed in the reserve list. But I was wondering if this is the correct email for sending the documents: PERS-Trainee-Recrut [at] ep.europa.eu

or is there a typing mistake in 'Recrut' (because normally in English it should be Recruit)?

That's funny indeed Very Happy But my mail client claims to have received the email already from PERS-Trainee-Recrut [at] europarl.europa.eu , so it must have been either a very smart hack (unprobable, as I got an answer already by someone in the respective unit, too Wink ), or it really is a typo, maybe by some Dutch or German speaking person long time ago..

@european! Ok so now I am again confused: its [at] europarl.europa.eu, not [at] ep.europa.eu   confused

We received the email from PERS-Trainee-Recrut[at]europarl.europa.eu but we have to send the documents to PERS-Trainee-Recrut[at]ep.europa.eu : )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nas



Posts : 23
Join date : 2011-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:26 pm

Nathalie wrote:
nas wrote:
european wrote:
nas wrote:
I have also been placed in the reserve list. But I was wondering if this is the correct email for sending the documents: PERS-Trainee-Recrut [at] ep.europa.eu

or is there a typing mistake in 'Recrut' (because normally in English it should be Recruit)?

That's funny indeed Very Happy But my mail client claims to have received the email already from PERS-Trainee-Recrut [at] europarl.europa.eu , so it must have been either a very smart hack (unprobable, as I got an answer already by someone in the respective unit, too Wink ), or it really is a typo, maybe by some Dutch or German speaking person long time ago..

@european! Ok so now I am again confused: its [at] europarl.europa.eu, not [at] ep.europa.eu   confused

We received the email from PERS-Trainee-Recrut[at]europarl.europa.eu but we have to send the documents to PERS-Trainee-Recrut[at]ep.europa.eu : )


@Nathalie Thank you and sorry if I have caused any confusion. However, its great we are able to use this forum in order to share information and our experience with the selection procedures. Good luck Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Preselection   

Back to top Go down
 
Preselection
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg :: European Parliament traineeships :: February 2016 Traineeship-
Jump to: