Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Lobbying and DG/Unit Information

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Thaulov

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:14 am

I had a confirmation from HOME C3 that I was chosen, but now I am insecure whether there will be problems, if another Unit choose me, as I had a few other calls. Will I be able to choose my preferred unit in the end? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
diam

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:09 pm

Dear Candidate,

The selection of trainees by DGs and services is still on-going.

Some DGs contact candidates, other do not.

The Traineeship Office is only responsible for sending the placement offers.

Therefore we invite you to wait until we start sending the placement offers slightly before the end of January 2016.

Best regards,
EAC TRAINEESHIPS OFFICE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stan(Non-EU)

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:39 pm

Any updates? Has someone received any calls recently?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danziger

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:41 pm

Hello everyone!
I had only one phone call in the first week of December. It was DG Growth calling. The lady I was talking with was very nice. After short description what they do and what trainees will do, she asked if I am still interested. She also mentioned that they choose three person including me. She said something about interview but they didn't contact anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stan(Non-EU)

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:00 am

danziger wrote:
Hello everyone!
I had only one phone call in the first week of December. It was DG Growth calling. The lady I was talking with was very nice. After short description what they do and what trainees will do, she asked if I am still interested. She also mentioned that they choose three person including me. She said something about interview but they didn't contact anymore.

So, this is the end for those who did not received calls or there is still a chance?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danziger

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:28 pm

It's very hard to say. Mayby don't have much experience, because it's my first application process, but I think that everything is still possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danziger

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:11 pm

I've just checked mail. I received the following email "Thank you for your email. I'm on leave and will not be able to take care of your email until 4 January 2016." So it seems that they simply don't work during the Christmas and New Year period.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ina91

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:31 pm

Hi All,

Happy New Year!

Do you know when they should start sending the official traineeship offers?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
student90#

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:48 pm

Hi,

Happy New Year as well!

In the portal it says now "The application form will be available until January 29." Does this appear for all of you?
Are we required to do anything...? Neutral

Thanks!
Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nem0

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:24 pm

@student90# : That's the application form for the October 2016 session!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danziger

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:10 pm

Yesterday I received a message form DG Growth informing me that they are really sorry but they have chosen someone from France. I am really confused now. I didn't send lobbying emails (till now) because after phone call I had on 8th December I thought that there no need to do this. I know now how wrong that was. I made a grave mistake...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
faza33

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:05 pm

danziger wrote:
Yesterday I received a message form DG Growth informing me that they are really sorry but they have chosen someone from France. I am really confused now. I didn't send lobbying emails (till now) because after phone call I had on 8th December I thought that there no need to do this. I know now how wrong that was. I made a grave mistake...

Hello danziger,

thanks for sharing this information. I had a similar situation today as I have had an interview with DG REGIO and was their preferable candidate within one of the unit but in the end they sent me an E-Mail that a HR department won't be granted a trainee for this session so I was really desperate.

But heads up as the official offers will be sent on 22 January by the Traineeship Office so you still have time for lobbying!

Good luck to all of you!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
llyla2

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:36 pm

Hi Everyone!

I just got activated to this forum. I got selected for the traineeship at the Legal Service, and I'd like to share some experience about the procedure.

I was contacted by the traineeship office on 10th of December by telephone. The woman calling only asked me if I am still available, and she asked me to confirm my availability in writing as well and told me that they will send a contract "soon".

After that I received an e-mail asking for my availability. This e-mail included a sentence "Note that this email is not yet an official confirmation of your traineeship." So I responded them that I'm still available and asked them when can they confirm the traineeship (as I have a job right now and I have a 30-day-notice obligation couldn't wait forever).

They responded me the following day that they will make the official reservation 15th December and after that they will give me further info.

I was totally nervous until next Tuesday but they didn't send me anything, so I waited until 21th December (still nervous) and called them. A very nice guy picked up the phone actually the one who wrote me the e-mails before.

He told me that I was selected, but he cant give me further infos at this stage neither an official written confirmation (he only sent me an e-mail after the conversation stating that I was selected). He told me that I will receive further info about the job (and hopefully the contract) at the end of January.

So as you can see they are pretty slow and there's a lot bureaucacy here. As I understood after being reserved your application goes to someone at the Culture DG (who are handling the contracts) and after that to the person or DG you will actually work for.

I hope this info might be useful for someone. Smile

Is there anyone who have been selected for Legal Service as well?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karinhj

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:42 pm

@danziger
May i ask which unit from DG growth it was? Smile
Also, there is still hope!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrgarlic

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:26 am

Hello everyone!

I have been selected by a unit but still the same situation as you guys. Still "not official". Luckily, my likely supervisor will be someone from my country and explained me the situation quite clearly.

They usually know how many trainees they're entitled to hire and they shortlist a few. Then they do the calls and/or contact them by mail.

I was contacted by four units. Two of them told me they had seleted someone else, then I was told by this third that the Traineeship Office had just confirmed them that I was 'theirs' (15th Dec). When the fourth one contacted me I told them I had already been 'booked'.

Actually, when talking to one of the units that rejected me, they told me that they had seen on the software that I had already been selected. So I'm quite sure I've been selected - of course quite nervous until the official confirmation arrives.

Meaning:

1. Most of units have already selected their trainees.
2. If you have been told you have been selected, you probably are.
3. Official hiring letters will arrive around the 2nd - 3rd week of January - I guess between 18th and 27th of January.

Hope everything will be alright and looking forward to meeting you in Brussels Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danziger

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:46 am

Karinhj wrote:
@danziger

It was an information from Unit B.2.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AnnaR

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:34 pm

danziger wrote:
Karinhj wrote:
@danziger

You still have time to lobby now, you never know! I'm in a very similar situation actually, I was called (the day after the Blue Book was out) by a really nice lady from DG COMP. We did the interview there and then and she told me that while she couldn't commit to anything on an official basis, they would be interested in working with me (no mention of whether they had contacted any other candidates for the position). I then signed some forms they sent me by e-mail (conflict of interest etc), however, I have not had any contact with them since then. I did send them an e-mail on Monday, asking them whether there was a shortlist for the position, so that I could at least estimate my chances, but they have not yet replied. I too am rather nervous, especially since I am already employed and will have to give notice to my boss soon. I think I'll call them!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danziger

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:15 pm

Since monday I've sent ca. 40 emails. I got some answers that they aleready choose someone else or they are not entiteld to trainee in ongoing period. I don't know what to think about this, mayby there is still chance to get in. Do you thing that some DG choose their trainees without any contact or interview?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AnnaR

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:56 pm

danziger wrote:
Since monday I've sent ca. 40 emails. I got some answers that they aleready choose someone else or they are not entiteld to trainee in ongoing period. I don't know what to think about this, mayby there is still chance to get in. Do you thing that some DG choose their trainees without any contact or interview?

I do remember that 2 years ago, when I was studying for my LLM, some of my fellow students got a call during the last few days. Not a lot of them, but a few were contacted towards the end of the selection period.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pietro2

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:15 pm

faza33 wrote:

Hello danziger,

thanks for sharing this information. I had a similar situation today as I have had an interview with DG REGIO and was their preferable candidate within one of the unit but in the end they sent me an E-Mail that a HR department won't be granted a trainee for this session so I was really desperate.

But heads up as the official offers will be sent on 22 January by the Traineeship Office so you still have time for lobbying!

Good luck to all of you!!!

Faza33 may I ask you what specific Unit said they wouldn't be having trainees for this session?

Thanks and best of luck
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CMD

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:51 pm

AnnaR wrote:
danziger wrote:
Karinhj wrote:
@danziger

You still have time to lobby now, you never know! I'm in a very similar situation actually, I was called (the day after the Blue Book was out) by a really nice lady from DG COMP. We did the interview there and then and she told me that while she couldn't commit to anything on an official basis, they would be interested in working with me (no mention of whether they had contacted any other candidates for the position). I then signed some forms they sent me by e-mail (conflict of interest etc), however, I have not had any contact with them since then. I did send them an e-mail on Monday, asking them whether there was a shortlist for the position, so that I could at least estimate my chances, but they have not yet replied. I too am rather nervous, especially since I am already employed and will have to give notice to my boss soon. I think I'll call them!  

AnnaR I'm in exactly the same position! I received a call from DG COMP (Unit C2) the second day the BlueBook was out, signed some forms and the lady told me there was nothing else I needed to do that I would receive my official offer on the 22nd. Haven't heard anything since so super worried! can't wait for the 22nd!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
angie207

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:46 pm

Best to just sit tight till the 22nd then, and try not to worry too much!

I was contacted by one of the EACEA unit around the 10th of December asking me to confirm my interest, which I did, and did not have contact with them since. I sent them another lobbying email a few days ago; The answer I got was 'dear...we look forward to welcoming you here soon. Best regards...'.

Reading between the lines, that might mean I am in. We will find out soon enough, less than two weeks! Fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
S&M&M

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:37 pm

Hi all,

Thank you for sharing your experiences in this forum. Mine has been very similar.

I was contacted in December, either by mail or phone, by a couple of units and the INEA Agency. As all of them clearly stated that they were only checking availability and those emails/phone calls did not constitute a real offer (apparently only the Traineeships Office is able to confirm an official proposal) I answered YES to all of them.

The problem came when they started to “draft” us. I received a new phone call from the INEA saying that they had not been able to choose me because someone from the DG-MOVE has been faster, but I did not remember any contact from the DG-MOVE!! However, the lady I talked to pointed that all could be fixed if I sent them, that very same day, an email indicating that the INEA was my first preference.

Honestly, I must confess I was a bit reluctant to do it. I feared to miss something or just give a wrong impression if I asked for a change, and that would not be the best way to start an internship, you’ll agree. However, I got a new phone call, this time from who I guess will be my boss/tutor, and he cleared my doubts while reassuring me that they really wanted me to work with them. Therefore I sent that email indicating how lovely would be to work with the INEA and the previous knowledge I had of the TEN-T.

I felt great for a day or so, until I received a new call. It was a lady, from the DG-MOVE I guess, who wanted to recheck my availability. I tried to explain her that I had already reached an agreement with the INEA and my word was given. Unfortunately she did not take it very well, until the point to question me, how on earth have I chosen an Agency before a Directorate?! I was unsure about what to answer.

Maybe it was not the wisest decision, but at least I expect to enjoy this experience working with the INEA. However, I still have my fingers crossed waiting for the oficial confirmation.

Hope to see you all in Brussels in a couple of months!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GreenSpiral

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:41 pm

angie207 wrote:
Best to just sit tight till the 22nd then, and try not to worry too much!

I was contacted by one of the EACEA unit around the 10th of December asking me to confirm my interest, which I did, and did not have contact with them since. I sent them another lobbying email a few days ago; The answer I got was 'dear...we look forward to welcoming you here soon. Best regards...'.

Reading between the lines, that might mean I am in. We will find out soon enough, less than two weeks! Fingers crossed.

Hello everyone,

Angie, I too, have been contacted by EACEA in December who have asked for my availability. At the time I had already had an interview with another DG who had confirmed I was their first choice. But I preferred EACEA and gave them my availability. They told me they submitted my name to the traineeships' office and that I only needed to wait for the Office to contact me for the final "administrative aspects".

But they haven't done so yet, so I'm a bit worried something might have gone wrong?

Would you guys advise I contact my potential future supervisor to check? Or should I just wait for the 22nd?

The wait is killing me. bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RegWeh

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:22 pm

@angie207 and @GreenSpiral: May I ask by which particular unit you were contacted?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrgarlic

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:32 pm

@GreenSpiral I'm on the same page. I'd say to wait until the 22nd. It makes no sense to bother them now. When I talked to my hopefully-future-supervisor, she told me that I would get the official letter around the 3rd week of Jan.

Furthermore, no one in here has got any letter yet so I think we should stay calm even though it's hard! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Montesian

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:11 pm

I don't want to mislead anybody, but from what I know, if your name has been submitted to the traineeship office, it is almost certain that you will get an official offer. At least that's what I was told by my unit and by a friend at the Commission who was responsible for interviewing his unit's trainee candidates for the last 5 years or so; he told me he cannot recall that a trainee that their unit submitted had ever been "rejected" by the traineeship office.

But like I said, I can only speak from 2nd hand knowledge and the process is certainly quite intransparent. Let's hope for us that it works out!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stan(Non-EU)

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:20 pm

Dear Candidate,

Many thanks for your message and the interest you have shown in the activities of the European External Action Service. Notwithstanding your skills and knowledge, your name has not been selected by our services for the March 2016 Blue book traineeship session.

I wish you all the success in your endeavours.

With my best regards,

Sad
Tough task for Ukrainian
Back to top Go down
View user profile
b00tsi3

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:56 pm

Stan(Non-EU) wrote:

Notwithstanding your skills and knowledge, your name has not been selected by our services for the March 2016 Blue book traineeship session.

Just received the exact same message on 8 January from the EEAS. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Olga

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:21 pm

I asked the Central Trainee Office if they could give me some information about the selection results (as I need to cancel my work contract 6 weeks in advance), but I got only the general reply (as some of you did):

"Dear Candidate,
The selection of trainees by DGs and services is still on-going.
Some DGs contact candidates, other do not.
The Traineeship Office is only responsible for sending the placement offers.
Therefore we invite you to be patient and wait until the Traineeship Office starts sending the placement offers during the 3rd week of January 2016."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   

Back to top Go down

Lobbying and DG/Unit Information
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next