Share
Go down
AnnaTov
Posts : 12
Join date : 2015-10-23

Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information

on Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:12 pm
Olga, I understand You. I'm close to lose my patience... I work abroad and I can resign subject to 4 weeks notice... not considering that I have to come back to my home country and apply for visa as I am non-EU...
And I didn't receive any positive reply from any DG informing that they are choosing me... Last weeks are so long.... Rolling Eyes
Olga
Posts : 75
Join date : 2014-10-16
Age : 31
Location : Germany

Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information

on Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:08 pm
AnnaTov wrote:Olga, I understand You. I'm close to lose my patience... I work abroad and I can resign subject to 4 weeks notice... not considering that I have to come back to my home country and apply for visa as I am non-EU...
And I didn't receive any positive reply from any DG informing that they are choosing me... Last weeks are so long.... Rolling Eyes

Oh, I am sorry to hear it, I wish you to manage all in time. And of course to get the positive response from the EC.

I cannot say I am too nervous about results, the only one problem is this job issue... I have never cancelled any work contract in Germany before, and now I have to cancel 2 of them in case I get the trainee position. No idea, how long it will take... But we have no other option: just to wait.

May I ask you, what country are you from?
AnnaTov
Posts : 12
Join date : 2015-10-23

Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information

on Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:42 pm
sure, I'm from Ukraine
Rk93
Posts : 13
Join date : 2015-09-28
Location : United Kingdom

Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information

on Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:00 pm
Oh my god what a nerve wracking process this is! I heard from 4 different DGs, then one told me I'd been selected but I didn't know which one, and didn't have the contact details of all the people who called me so couldn't really ask. I was hoping I could pick the last one as it was my favourite but with the amount of time it took for them to answer their emails I didn't see how I could definitely turn down one and guarantee another, and didn't want to be left with no job at all, so I left it and the one I really wanted emailed me to say that they couldn't pick me but that I had been selected by EACEA, which was my least favourite, but I'm ok with it now. They really should change the process though because we essentially get no say in which job we get because it's so hard to communicate with every DG to let them know your preference, especially if you want to avoid offending them! Anyway, I just really want the official offer now so I can find accommodation. I have a couple lined up that I would like to visit but I don't dare organise anything without an official offer.
Kasian
Posts : 3
Join date : 2016-01-06

Still waiting!

on Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:05 pm
I got a call mid December from DG environment asking if I'm interested in their unit. It was followed by the email stating:



'Following our conversation this morning, I would like to inform you that we have indicated to the personnel department that you are our first choice candidate to become our intern for the March to July 2016 period.


This email is not a formal confirmation which is expected to be sent out in January 2016. Nevertheless our unit has a priority for an intern, and the chances to receive the official offer are relatively high.'

I was taken by surprise as I didn't do any lobbying at all. They also wrote what exactly I would be doing and where could I find more info about their work. I was so happy but now waiting is killing me. Also, I was offered another traineeship in London starting in 2 weeks and I need to do lots of paperwork for it. Obviously I prefer one in Brussels but I don't want to resign from the other traineeship until I know for sure.

I sent an email this morning to my future mentor because as i understood if they get a trainee that would be me.
Rk93
Posts : 13
Join date : 2015-09-28
Location : United Kingdom

Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information

on Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:50 pm
No, I only lobbied to DG Connect because I'd read that the others I liked had said before that they don't like lobbying, but they emailed back and said it was unnecessary, and I didn't lobby the DGs I was contacted by, so just shows it really is hit and miss.
S&M&M
Posts : 7
Join date : 2015-12-17
Location : Valencia, Spain

Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information

on Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:24 pm
RK93 wrote:Anyway, I just really want the official offer now so I can find accommodation. I have a couple lined up that I would like to visit but I don't dare organise anything without an official offer.
Hi RK93, I am in the same situation. May I ask you what web pages are you checking to find accomodation? Something generic like Wimdu or Expatriates? I have read in a blog (http://www.ectraineeship.info/category/living-in-brussels/) that the EC has also a section, inside their website, where they post accommodation (or housing) ads. But I haven't been able to find it.
Thanks,
Simon
Rk93
Posts : 13
Join date : 2015-09-28
Location : United Kingdom

Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information

on Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:27 pm
Mostly the Facebook pages, like Rooms in Brussels and Flat board for EU stagiaires. There's quite a lot being posted but obviously can't commit to anything if I don't know I've got the job!
Rk93
Posts : 13
Join date : 2015-09-28
Location : United Kingdom

Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information

on Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:28 pm
And I think when you get the official offer, they send you a link to the trainee committee page, which has accommodation info on Smile
S&M&M
Posts : 7
Join date : 2015-12-17
Location : Valencia, Spain

Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information

on Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:49 pm
Thanks RK!
Yes, I read that too. However, patience is not one of my virtues, and I would like to check as many options as possible in advance. As you said/wrote I have already identified a couple of interesting offers, not far from the INEA, but I am not going to pay either without an official confirmation Neutral
Olga
Posts : 75
Join date : 2014-10-16
Age : 31
Location : Germany

Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information

on Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:17 am
So,

as I can see (here and on facebook), many of you had been contacted by your future DGs, and you had already received some sort of "unofficial" offers/acceptance information.

What do you think: is it still any hope for those, who had not been contacted / had not received any unofficial offers?

P.s. these last days are quite nervous Smile
Kasian
Posts : 3
Join date : 2016-01-06

Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information

on Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:22 am
I'm apparently the first choice candidate from my unit. I'm not sure if other choices know about their position (in case i resigned )

I don't know, I'm tired of those speculations!
antonomasia
Posts : 12
Join date : 2015-11-18
Location : Italy

Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information

on Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:39 pm
Olga wrote:So,

as I can see (here and on facebook), many of you had been contacted by your future DGs, and you had already received some sort of "unofficial" offers/acceptance information.

What do you think: is it still any hope for those, who had not been contacted / had not received any unofficial offers?

P.s. these last days are quite nervous Smile

I think that yes, there's still hope.
It was mentioned many times (even in e-mails from the traineeship office), that some DG just don't contact or interview the candidates.
Also, I read several experiences of candidates of past sessions...they didn't hear absolutely anything but at the end they got an offer.
So... everybody can still hope I guess. But anyway, just a few more days and we'll know for sure.
Stan(Non-EU)
Posts : 26
Join date : 2014-12-09

Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information

on Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:07 pm
antonomasia wrote:
Olga wrote:So,

as I can see (here and on facebook), many of you had been contacted by your future DGs, and you had already received some sort of "unofficial" offers/acceptance information.

What do you think: is it still any hope for those, who had not been contacted / had not received any unofficial offers?

P.s. these last days are quite nervous Smile

I think that yes, there's still hope.
It was mentioned many times (even in e-mails from the traineeship office), that some DG just don't contact or interview the candidates.
Also, I read several experiences of candidates of past sessions...they didn't hear absolutely anything but at the end they got an offer.
So... everybody can still hope I guess. But anyway, just a few more days and we'll know for sure.

It sounds fantastic for me Smile
AnnaR
Posts : 3
Join date : 2016-01-06

Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information

on Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:18 pm
I just received a notification on my account with the results! Smile
Montesian
Posts : 10
Join date : 2015-12-07
Location : Germany

Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information

on Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:22 pm
AnnaR wrote:I just received a notification on my account with the results! Smile

Congratulations, me too Smile
Olga
Posts : 75
Join date : 2014-10-16
Age : 31
Location : Germany

Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information

on Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:41 pm
I am in! cannot believe!

ESTAT!

Any others got an offer in Luxembourg?
Pietro2
Posts : 4
Join date : 2016-01-06

Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information

on Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:45 pm
Congratulations and good luck to all of those who are in. Also, does anybody know if the Office has been sending offers throughout the day or it was a one-off upload? i.e., I'd like to know if I still have a chance or not :p
Montesian
Posts : 10
Join date : 2015-12-07
Location : Germany

Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information

on Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:55 pm
Pietro2 wrote:Congratulations and good luck to all of those who are in. Also, does anybody know if the Office has been sending offers throughout the day or it was a one-off upload? i.e., I'd like to know if I still have a chance or not :p

A friend of mine got a rejection at the same time as my confirmation, so if you do not have anything in your account, my guess is there is still hope for you? (But just a guess, I don't know how it really works)
Jares21
Posts : 1
Join date : 2016-01-22

Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information

on Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:20 pm
Although I didn't have any interview I am in! So excited Very Happy
student90#
Posts : 8
Join date : 2015-11-25

Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information

on Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:23 pm
I'm in too! Data protection unit Very Happy
Pietro2
Posts : 4
Join date : 2016-01-06

Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information

on Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:37 pm
Montesian wrote:
Pietro2 wrote:Congratulations and good luck to all of those who are in. Also, does anybody know if the Office has been sending offers throughout the day or it was a one-off upload? i.e., I'd like to know if I still have a chance or not :p

A friend of mine got a rejection at the same time as my confirmation, so if you do not have anything in your account, my guess is there is still hope for you? (But just a guess, I don't know how it really works)

Thanks Montesian, you bolstered a bit the nearly-dying flame of hope in my heart. Indeed, I haven't had any kind of answer, either positive or negative. I sent my application quite late, too, so if you say some rejections have already been sent, it probably means they might be sending the answers by application submission order - and not by invited | not-invited order?
batti
Posts : 2
Join date : 2015-12-17

Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information

on Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:22 pm
Me too!! With DEVCO, Unit B6!!
S&M&M
Posts : 7
Join date : 2015-12-17
Location : Valencia, Spain

Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information

on Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:36 pm
I am also in.Very Happy
Apparently with the INEA.C.C01 - Transport Baltic Sea+MoS, ERTMS, whatever it does mean.
However, I must confess feeling a bit disappointed after reading in the same message: "We will soon send you the official placement offer".
Come on, how long do they want us to wait until having all the information? Sad
angie207
Posts : 12
Join date : 2015-11-02

Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information

on Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:15 pm
im in! eacea, creative europe-culture. super happy and congrats to all of u who made it! if u didn't, the deadline to send your application is 29th of jan for the october session!
Pietro2
Posts : 4
Join date : 2016-01-06

Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information

on Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:21 pm
congrats! have you been getting notifications in the last hour, or did it come like at 2pm?
S&M&M
Posts : 7
Join date : 2015-12-17
Location : Valencia, Spain

Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information

on Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:29 pm
Thanks Pietro.
I got the email with the notification at 14.49 according to my mail box.
SofiiaB
Posts : 12
Join date : 2015-12-07

Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information

on Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:38 pm
Hi guys! Congrats to those who got in! cheers

I also received a notification today at 14.53, but didn't get in. Did anyone from non-EU countries get in?
Kasian
Posts : 3
Join date : 2016-01-06

Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information

on Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:26 pm
Anyone in DG Environment ?
I feel so relieved! Congratulations everyone! My contact in my department told me that all the responses should come by the end of the month so fingers crossed for those who don't know yet!
Pouceto
Posts : 4
Join date : 2015-11-25

Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information

on Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:23 am
Kasian, I am also in the DG Environment! In which section are you?
Sponsored content

Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum