Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Lobbying and DG/Unit Information

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Rk93

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:22 pm

Anyone know when the process of notifying successful candidates ends? I heard that I was shortlisted by one unit on Friday and that she'd submit her choice on Monday but I haven't heard anything yet, so not sure if that means I haven't been chosen or whether I might still hear? I haven't been contacted by any other DGs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
antonomasia

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:28 pm

Rk93 wrote:
Anyone know when the process of notifying successful candidates ends?  I heard that I was shortlisted by one unit on Friday and that she'd submit her choice on Monday but I haven't heard anything yet, so not sure if that means I haven't been chosen or whether I might still hear?  I haven't been contacted by any other DGs.

Considering they mentioned Monday maybe you could send an e-mail to that specific person you were e-mailed by? I don't know if this can be considered in a good or a bad way... but anyway, for what it's worth, to me you definitely sound to be in a good position Smile

As far as I've understood nothing will be 100% sure until the end of January, basically when someone is officially notified with an official offer. So, it must be really reeeeeally official, whilst the contacts some people are having these days are a good sign for sure but not a definitive one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SofiiaB

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:38 am

Hi guys,

This year I also got preselected. For the first time! Very Happy Honestly, I was naive enough to think that now you only can sit and wait and nothing depends on you anymore. But I see that you all are actively lobbying now and maybe I should do the same. Could you perhaps share a bit how exactly you are "lobbying"? Especially those, who got a call after that.

Thanx!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CMD

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:07 am

Hey SofiiaB, I used this blog for help on lobbying: http://atraineeinbrussels.blogspot.pt/2013/02/a-short-guide-on-lobbying.html

though, I think if you scroll through this forum thread you will get a good idea of who did what and got which answer!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
elo89

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:43 am

Hey guys,

has anyone heard anything constructive from any of the climate-related units/divisions? I've had limited contact, but it seems like they're very busy with COP (naturally). At the same time, I've heard that some DG's have set a deadline for submitting preferences this Friday, so I'm a bit torn as to how to proceed!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Olga

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:54 am

I have contacted one person and... wrote his name wrong... so I am SO DUMM!

no words....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kärtner

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:58 am

Olga wrote:

no words....

hey! what is your nationality, Olga?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Olga

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:03 pm

Kärtner wrote:
Olga wrote:

no words....

hey! what is your nationality, Olga?

Hey, I wrote you a personal message
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alchemist

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:01 pm

Olga wrote:

no words....

I did the same thing. I addressed someone as mr. pumpkin. @*(!@(*&(*&#@)@*#^!_& autocorrect!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Olga

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:11 pm

Alchemist wrote:
Olga wrote:

no words....

I did the same thing. I addressed someone as mr. pumpkin. @*(!@(*&(*&#@)@*#^!_& autocorrect!

Oh nooooo.. I addressed one mister as "ms", because come on... in my country Andrea is a female name!!!!! Shame on me!!!!!!

And another mistake was Fisher instead of Fischer... shame on me again :-(.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beni H

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:19 pm

Hi all,
FYI: It is possible to activate an "Undo" option on gmail. It gives you up to 30 seconds after sending an email to stop it, useful tool for "Mr. Pumpkin" emails.
You may already know,... but I didn't until AFTER the classic "f*** I forgot to attach my CV!" happened to me on Monday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PoEU

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:01 pm

Hello everybody! Smile

No trainees for :

-DG Research & Innovation
Unit A2 – Programming and Interinstitutional Relations

-Secretariat-General
Unit B2 - Institutional Affairs

- Secretariat-General
Unit E3 - International Dimension Unit

-DG Employment
Unit E3 - VET

Waiting is sooo boring!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guillem

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:24 pm

No trainees for DG DEVCO - Unit A3 (International Cooperation and Dialogue)
I'm wondering where the supposed 600 trainees are going as I only read about units who are NOT taking trainees Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
angie207

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:53 pm

Hey,

I was just contacted by one of head of unit which I emailed a few days ago. Nothing formal, and no 'formal questions'. She just asked me weather I am familiar with what this unit is doing (I guess I was asked this because I sent a pretty 'general' motivation letter i.e not so much why I want that unit in particular), and wanted to make sure I was still interested. Afterwards she said they are still selecting candidates so they can't tell me anything concrete yet and that we will be in contact.

So fingers crossed...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PoEU

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:40 pm

angie207 wrote:
Hey,

I was just contacted by one of head of unit which I emailed a few days ago. Nothing formal, and no 'formal questions'. She just asked me weather I am familiar with what this unit is doing (I guess I was asked this because I sent a pretty 'general' motivation letter i.e not so much why I want that unit in particular), and wanted to make sure I was still interested. Afterwards she said they are still selecting candidates so they can't tell me anything concrete yet and that we will be in contact.

So fingers crossed...

From which DG? If you don't mind me asking
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Olga

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:37 pm

So pretty silent here,

any news, emails or interviews?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
elo89

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:03 pm

I've had two calls so far, DEVCO and EEAS. Sounds like both of those are picking their candidates by today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Olga

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:30 pm

I had only one E-mail from ESTAT, they asked me if I was still interested in the traineeship. I do not know, if it does mean to much, but cross fingers..

better than nothing Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
angie207

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:01 pm

PoEu, I spoke with EACEA head of unit. Not my first choice btut better than nothing ofc!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SofiiaB

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:08 pm

angie207 wrote:
PoEu, I spoke with EACEA head of unit. Not my first choice btut better than nothing ofc!!!

Hi angie207, you mind me asking which EACEA unit specifically? EACEA is one of my main interests but I haven't heard anything from them yet Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alchemist

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:12 pm

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but I think that if you haven't heard anything yet, you do not belong to the chosen people. Next week all the services will be picking their trainee of choice. And this will be on a first-come-fist-serve basis. So if they really wanted you, they would have notified you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guillem

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:22 pm

elo89 wrote:
I've had two calls so far, DEVCO and EEAS. Sounds like both of those are picking their candidates by today.

elo89, which units have called you if you don´t mind me asking
Back to top Go down
View user profile
suaro006

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:38 pm

Hi there!

I got a call earlier and I was told that the selection process is not "first come, first served". If different institutions want you then the better match (candidate's profile+institution's profile) is the winning one. If you are picked up by 2 different institutions and you match with them equally then you are the one making the decision on which one you prefer to go with. Has anyone else got different information?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Montesian

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:03 pm

suaro006 wrote:
Hi there!

I got a call earlier and I was told that the selection process is not "first come, first served". If different institutions want you then the better match (candidate's profile+institution's profile) is the winning one. If you are picked up by 2 different institutions and you match with them equally then you are the one making the decision on which one you prefer to go with. Has anyone else got different information?

Yes I think it is true, at least you can get picked by multiple different institutions (but not by two units of the same one, eg 2x DG Trade). I was told, that you can "normally" choose which of the offers you want, but maybe this is only the "match them equally" case?!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alchemist

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:20 pm

suaro006 wrote:
Hi there!

Ok... well that is the complete opposite what they told me in an email. They told me that all directorates will start removing 'their' candidates on Monday, on a first come first serve basis and that they would only consider other candidates if their first choice wasn't available (ie booked by another dg before they could). But I hope you are right. Maybe there's still hope then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Olga

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:46 am

Alchemist wrote:
suaro006 wrote:
Hi there!

Ok... well that is the complete opposite what they told me in an email. They told me that all directorates will start removing 'their' candidates on Monday, on a first come first serve basis and that they would only consider other candidates if their first choice wasn't available (ie booked by another dg before they could). But I hope you are right. Maybe there's still hope then.

Do you mean the shortlisted candidates or the "final" one, who will be selected for the traineeship?

I mean is it possible that a candidate can be shortlisted by more then 1 Unit?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
antonomasia

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:27 pm

Hello! I was wondering if has anyone here any update (e-mail, calls etc) form the DG EMPL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tine305

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:51 pm

Hello everybody,
I got a call from EU Mare (A1) on Friday. They said I was on her wishlist and she just wanted to make sure that I was interested, since they do not just do research, but mainly policy. She said that she believes I am on the wishlist of some other units from EU MARE, but I didn't get any other calls...

So, you think that we will get the official replies early this week? God, I am nervous...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Olga

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:02 pm

tine305 wrote:
Hello everybody,
I got a call from EU Mare (A1) on Friday. They said I was on her wishlist and she just wanted to make sure that I was interested, since they do not just do research, but mainly policy. She said that she believes I am on the wishlist of some other units from EU MARE, but I didn't get any other calls...

So, you think that we will get the official replies early this week? God, I am nervous...

I hope so, but I suppose they will send official offers in January. I got a call from one Unit from DG AGRI, and I was told that the official traineeship offer would come from the central TO. But it was not said when it would be.
As it states in the automatic reply from DG AGRI TO, the official answer comes by 22th of January...

So I do not know... why do you think it should be this week???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alexia 007

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:55 pm

I got a positive answer for the DGT (translation). The lady told me she would send me an e-mail with all the information I need and the contacts of the other trainees by the end of the month, so it seems strange that they said they would give a definitive answer as from the 22nd of January.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information   

Back to top Go down

Lobbying and DG/Unit Information
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next