Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

October 2016 Traineeship

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Antonnio

PostSubject: Re: October 2016 Traineeship   Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:10 pm

I believe that there is more to a candidate's spelling and grammar demonstrated in the application form that can take you to an EU traineeship in Brussels. After all we are not talking about the Translation traineeship. One of my friends who was selected had an impressive background which made him stand out - 5 languages; 2 Master's degrees studied in 5 different countries (together with the Bachelor's); a scholarship and some relevant work experience. I am sure that he did not concentrate on his English that much when he submitted his application because he sent it right before the deadline. Anyway, good luck to all who still wanna give it a go. There is definitely some luck going on in being selected. Plus do not forget about the unofficial national quotas! You gotta outperform most of the applicants from your country and then have a chance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniele267

PostSubject: Re: October 2016 Traineeship   Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:56 pm

Antonnio, there is of course a lot more to a candidate's spelling in the decision but telling someone to go get a better background is hardly advice. While good grammar won't get you a traineeship, bad grammar will most likely get you discarded as they probably have a lot more suitable candidates than spaces.

However you are right to mention quotas: if for example you have a dual nationality from two EU countries, it is definitely wise to check the number of applicants from both, and apply with your main nationality as the one with fewer applicants.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dida16

PostSubject: Re: October 2016 Traineeship   Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:32 am

Hello people!
I got shortlisted without any prior communication or interview by the unit I applied. Received the email on July 15th. It was my first attempt at the EU Parliament and second attempt at an EU institution ( i wasn't selected for the traineeship at the EESC). I don't know if there is a winning formula but I would certainly reccomend to try again. I was shortlisted for the traineeship at the Directorate-General for External Policies, Pre-Accession Actions Unit... Congratulation to those who have been selected and finger crossed for those eho are still waiting for an answer or ar in the reserve list!
Cheers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Okezie

PostSubject: Re: October 2016 Traineeship   Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:41 am

Dida16 Congrats!! I guess you got some background... Hope you don't mind sharing Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lib91

PostSubject: Re: October 2016 Traineeship   Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:10 am

Hi,
Congrats to those who have been selected!

On 15 July I got an email: put on a reserve list, like some of you. They asked to me to send documents by July 24.

I am a new user of this forum and this is my first attempt to an EU Institution. I do not know pretty almost nothing about the selection procedure.

The only thing unclear (a part the fuctioning of this reserve list) is: Why telling me that the reserve list "will only be consulted following a withdrawal or disqualification of the selected priority candidate" and few sentences later ( in hard black) that "The offer will be sent to you by email once my service has checked all of the above-mentioned documents received by the indicated deadline." .

I receive the offer only if the list will be open or after sending documents in any case?

My application referring to a Traineeship in the General Secretariat of the European Parliament from 01/10/2016 to 28/02/2017 in Lux.

@For those who are in the reserve list: Are u in the same situation?

Thank you very much!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dida16

PostSubject: Re: October 2016 Traineeship   Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:00 pm

Thank you Okezie!! Don't mind at all.. I have a cingle cycle master degree in Law and an Llm in European Union Law, both pursued in different countries. 2 years of work experience and 4 languages... Also I am not an EU citizen.. I hope I've been helpful
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Okezie

PostSubject: Re: October 2016 Traineeship   Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:19 pm

Thanks Dida! Your response has been helpful.. I must say from the responses here is like everybody is atleast trilingual. Though I speak basic French hardly see myself as biligual and am a bit concerned my future applications might fall short 'cos of my lower no. of languages
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lib91

PostSubject: Re: October 2016 Traineeship   Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:31 pm

Hi,

Please, what is the deadline to sent documents for who has been selected?

Thank you very much!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dida16

PostSubject: Re: October 2016 Traineeship   Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:40 pm

Hi Lib91,
The deadline is July 24th
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lib91

PostSubject: Re: October 2016 Traineeship   Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:31 pm

Thank you!
Do you know if only selected candidates will receive a confirmation email saying that the profile is now "complete and elegible" or also the ones in the reserve list?

Many thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bea1

PostSubject: Re: October 2016 Traineeship   Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:50 pm

Hi guys,

I have a question for all of you that have already sent/will send the documents.
Related to the:
• scanned copy of the printed on-line application form, duly dated and signed
they need the date that we will sent the documents by mail, right?

(maybe it's look like a stupid question but I was thinking that probably it was my big mistake and I did not signed and enter a date on the on-line application form, when I applied in April)

Thank you! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lib91

PostSubject: Re: October 2016 Traineeship   Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:17 pm

I inserted the day on which I sent all the documents: 16 July 2016!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dida16

PostSubject: Re: October 2016 Traineeship   Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:22 pm

Same for me as well... I had some doubts... But we were selected based on that application eventhough it wasn't dated and signed so I don't think it will be a problem if you put a recent date...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lib91

PostSubject: Re: October 2016 Traineeship   Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:32 pm

Officially the date should be inserted depending on when you are signing a paper. I did not think about it when I was signing and so automatically I inserted 16 July.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bea1

PostSubject: Re: October 2016 Traineeship   Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:09 pm

Great Smile I did the same, Lib91!
Thank you for your answer and good luck!!!

Thank you, dida16 Smile
I was thinking the same, so most possible, none of us is going to have any problem with this issue.
Good luck!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lib91

PostSubject: Re: October 2016 Traineeship   Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:51 pm

Hi,

Directly from "stages[at]europarl.europa.eu":
"Dear XXX,
Thank you for your email.

Reserve candidates will not receive a notification concerning the receipt or the validity of requested documents.
Only in case the reserve list is opened, reserve candidates will be contacted.

Best regards,"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nuria

PostSubject: Re: October 2016 Traineeship   Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:05 pm

Hello. I have been shortlisted for a traineeship for university graduates in the General Secretariat of the European Parliament, Directorate-General for Communication, European Union Visitors Programme Unit but I dont know that it's mean that I have the traineeship or not. I sent the documents but I dont have any answer yet. Well...its my first time ;p is something in my area? Thanks Nuria.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nuria

PostSubject: Re: October 2016 Traineeship   Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:07 pm

Lib91 wrote:
Hi,

Please, what is the deadline to sent documents for who has been selected?

Thank you very much!

23 July. Brussels time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Okezie

PostSubject: Re: October 2016 Traineeship   Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:15 pm

Nuria Congrats on your traineeship. Would you be kind enough to share your winning tips - I wouldn't mind if you spoonfed me with your motivation format at charlsoy2k@yahoo.co.uk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nuria

PostSubject: Re: October 2016 Traineeship   Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:37 pm

Hello. I have been shortlisted for a traineeship for university graduates in the General Secretariat of the European Parliament, Directorate-General for Communication, European Union Visitors Programme Unit but I dont know that it's mean that I have the traineeship or not. I sent the documents but I dont have any answer yet. Well...its my first time ;p is something in my area? Thanks Nuria.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rcirkova15

PostSubject: Re: October 2016 Traineeship   Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:21 am

Hey, guys! Does anyone know whether we will receive a confirmation e-mail after we have sent the requested documents by mail?
I was just wondering...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rts

PostSubject: Re: October 2016 Traineeship   Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:00 pm

I guess not - I saw a thread from a previous year, where a person said that he/she hadn't received anything 4 days after sending. Oh well, gonna be here, anxiously checking my inbox...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rcirkova15

PostSubject: Re: October 2016 Traineeship   Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:24 am

Right.
I read all the possible FAQ but I didn't find when should they notify us with the final results. Any idea?
Better just to wait then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rts

PostSubject: Re: October 2016 Traineeship   Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:35 am

I'm guessing and hoping sometime this week but your guess is as good as mine :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anamrnt

PostSubject: Re: October 2016 Traineeship   Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:21 pm

Hi guys!

I got shorlisted too, in the Directorate-General for Translation, Terminology Coordination Unit in Luxembourg. I sent my documents last week and I neither received any confirmation email or something like that. It's my first time applying, and I don't want want to have high expectations because I'm not sure if this means that I'll actually be selected. Do you have any idea?

I also hope to know the results sometime this week! Smile

Best of luck!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rcirkova15

PostSubject: Re: October 2016 Traineeship   Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:06 pm

They say "shortlisted" means almost 100% that you are chosen. We will wait and see. I don't have any idea too...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nuria

PostSubject: Re: October 2016 Traineeship   Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:23 pm

Hello everyone. I am waiting too. It's my first time and I really don't know whether to be shortlisted means that we are chosen but. I will not be sure until I have the confirmation :p
I will let you know if I would receive any email from EP.
Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Okezie

PostSubject: Re: October 2016 Traineeship   Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:00 pm

Nuria I hail ya! Have been awaiting your mail - was hoping you'd be well disposed towards my request. I'd be applying again and I just wanna be sure my next application would work with all the support I can get. I hope you understand. God bless ya!

@anamrnt feel free to share with me your winning tips/motivation at charlsoy2k@yahoo.co.uk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nuria

PostSubject: Re: October 2016 Traineeship   Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:06 pm

Okezie, I have just sent to you a email.

By the way, any news from the European Parliament....I am waiting anxiously to hage the confirmation. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Okezie

PostSubject: Re: October 2016 Traineeship   Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:55 pm

Nuria! I just replied
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: October 2016 Traineeship   

Back to top Go down

October 2016 Traineeship
View previous topic View next topic Back to top