Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

application administrative DG/ cover letter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tzika

PostSubject: application administrative DG/ cover letter    Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:25 pm

Hello Everyone,

Do you guys know in what language you have to write your cover letter ? Also I have noticed that for the administrative traineeship you need to write in 2 cover letters. One for your area of interest and the 2nd one for the administrative role. Is this normal ? In the past I only applied for the translation department.

Thanks a million Smile

Last edited by Tzika on Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sssss

PostSubject: Re: application administrative DG/ cover letter    Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:36 pm

The application should be written in one of the three official languages, English, French or German. You can switch languages on the upper right corner.

The cover letter with the area of interest is more specific in terms of why you choose this area. The other letter is more general about why EU and what you can offer.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kontoua

PostSubject: Re: application administrative DG/ cover letter    Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:06 pm

Hello

i am just starting to write the motivational letters

is it wrong to write that 5 months in the European commission would enrich my CV and that i would seem more professional in my future employers?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sssss

PostSubject: Re: application administrative DG/ cover letter    Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:20 pm

@kontoua

Hi, I don't think "5 months in the European commission would enrich my CV" is a suitable sentence in a Motivation Letter, at least not in the exactly same words...because apparently they care more about what we can offer to the Commission than what the Commission can do good for us. Perhaps a sentence like "I would like to apply for the traineeship in the EC because it will help me getting more insights to understand European matters and how decisions are made so that I can be a better ... (for your major or profession)" See? More specific and more eloquent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: application administrative DG/ cover letter    

Back to top Go down

application administrative DG/ cover letter
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1