Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Preselection

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
laloui



Posts : 5
Join date : 2016-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:33 pm

Maria62 wrote:
Hey guys!
I'm so happy, I found this forum!
As many others here I've received an e-mail on the 16th of December, stating that I got shortlisted for "a traineeship for university graduates in the General Secretariat of the European Parliament".
I sent all the required documents the next day but haven't received any confirmation e-mail or offer yet. Reading in this forum that some people have already received an offer is making me so nervous. :-(
Do you think that means that the rest haven't made it?
How many of you are in the same situation as me?

Maria62, I am also still waiting for a response! I sent my documents yesterday morning. Hoping I will get an offer very soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leghorn



Posts : 4
Join date : 2016-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:38 pm

Congratulation to all who got selected and thank you for keeping us updated Smile

Did anyone who didn't receive any feedback after sending the documents wrote to them about our status? I really don't know if we are on the waiting list or rejected now (or the email didn't go through) after the second selection. At least if we had a clear response we could enjoy the Holidays without the suspense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nomedellarosa



Posts : 29
Join date : 2015-01-15
Location : Turin

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:48 pm

Leghorn wrote:
Congratulation to all who got selected and thank you for keeping us updated  Smile

Did anyone who didn't receive any feedback after sending the documents wrote to them about our status? I really don't know if we are on the waiting list or rejected now (or the email didn't go through) after the second selection. At least if we had a clear response we could enjoy the Holidays without the suspense.

I think that they cannot tell us anithing.
The point is that our destiny depends on the decisions of those candidates who have been selected. They will give them 5 day to decide whether to accept or not. And then, they will go back through the list, again and again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maria62



Posts : 31
Join date : 2016-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:16 pm

I wonder if the people who already got an offer might have something in common, e.g. they all start in February already or they're all gonna be trainees in the same city and that's why the rest of us are still waiting. Would be nice of the people who got an offer to provide more information.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ursula17



Posts : 8
Join date : 2016-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:36 pm

Maria62 wrote:
I wonder if the people who already got an offer might have something in common, e.g. they all start in February already or they're all gonna be trainees in the same city and that's why the rest of us are still waiting. Would be nice of the people who got an offer to provide more information.

I think the difference is just that the people that have already received an offer were the first on their lists and the others are on their "reserve list" so we`ll receive an offer just in case the people that were selected decline the internship.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Macaviity



Posts : 15
Join date : 2016-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:34 pm

I declined my offer, so I hope another one of you hears something really soon! I look forward to seeing some of you in Brussels in the spring!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Miguel Paiva



Posts : 3
Join date : 2016-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:58 pm

Hello everyone, Greetings from Portugal.

I also got Preselected to Luxembourg, although still not sure if i will get an offer for internship.

Well...fingers crossed, good luck everyone and i hope to see you guys soon. Smile

( A FB Group would be awsome really Smile )

Anything you wish to share or talk just PM . It would be nice to create a group were we can meet people if we get the internship.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lisa1989



Posts : 40
Join date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:45 pm

To the ones who got an offer and confirmed their interest: Did you receive any further confirmation such as the letter of admission?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adri042



Posts : 1
Join date : 2016-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:59 pm

Maria62, I am in the same situation as you. I sent my documents on the 17th, the day after I received the email on Dec 16th. So, I am also very anxious to hear back.
This is my 1st time applying and based in this forum I see that they changed the selection process this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alsoin



Posts : 5
Join date : 2016-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:49 pm

lisa1989 wrote:
To the ones who got an offer and confirmed their interest: Did you receive any further confirmation such as the letter of admission?

I'm in that situation too lisa. No letter of admission received so far. I'll keep you informed.

I wish they would send a confirmation of receipt for every email we send to them to be honest. Obviously we're all kind of scared that our email doesn't get through for example, even after triple checking that we send it to the correct email, with the correct subject and such.

As to those currently waiting for an offer. You will not get any mails next week as our offer email states that the offices of the EP are closed next week for the holidays. So don't expect 'anything' in your mail box for the next 9 days.

Best of luck to all Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tarar92



Posts : 12
Join date : 2016-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:19 pm

Hello everyone!

Sorry to bother you with such a stupid question...but do you think that I can e-mail the transcript of records instead of the original diploma? My Master's diploma is easy to scan, but my bachelor's is huge. Do you think that my digital transcript is fine?
Thanks and Merry Christmas Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
povilas



Posts : 2
Join date : 2016-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:15 pm

Hi guys, I also got pre-selected and have to send my documents until Jan 3. I have a question, did you send the Diploma Supplement with all the explanations and grades, or just the main Diploma page?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tarar92



Posts : 12
Join date : 2016-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:19 pm

povilas wrote:
Hi guys, I also got pre-selected and have to send my documents until Jan 3. I have a question, did you send the Diploma Supplement with all the explanations and grades, or just the main Diploma page?

I have the same doubt Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maria62



Posts : 31
Join date : 2016-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:24 pm

povilas wrote:
Hi guys, I also got pre-selected and have to send my documents until Jan 3. I have a question, did you send the Diploma Supplement with all the explanations and grades, or just the main Diploma page?

I only sent the main (front) page of the diploma. They didn't ask for any transcript or other information. :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alsoin



Posts : 5
Join date : 2016-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:53 pm

As I explained in an earlier post: I sent everything, grade list and diploma supplement, as my official front page of the diploma states, at the bottom, that this degree has as annexes a grade list & diploma supplement. Hence, I scanned everything but my scanner only allowed me to scan 4 pages max or so, I therefore had to send them my diploma supplement in 2 documents. Eventually, I sent them 7 docs haha.

The front page of your degree would probably be sufficient for them, but do you want to take the chance.. Up to you Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tarar92



Posts : 12
Join date : 2016-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:25 pm

Thank you so much! Very Happy In case we get all accepted, let's create a FB group as it was mentioned earlier...it would be great to get to know each others Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rimi17



Posts : 3
Join date : 2016-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:31 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am also shortlisted for the traineeship. My first domain was Computing and Telecommunications (ICT).
I was notified on the 16th of December and sent the required documents on the 19th. I didn't hear back since then. I suppose the EP is on holidays until the first week of January.

Fingers crossed for all of us and let it be a happy ending Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lisa1989



Posts : 40
Join date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:23 pm

alsoin wrote:
lisa1989 wrote:
To the ones who got an offer and confirmed their interest: Did you receive any further confirmation such as the letter of admission?

I'm in that situation too lisa. No letter of admission received so far. I'll keep you informed.

I wish they would send a confirmation of receipt for every email we send to them to be honest. Obviously we're all kind of scared that our email doesn't get through for example, even after triple checking that we send it to the correct email, with the correct subject and such.

As to those currently waiting for an offer. You will not get any mails next week as our offer email states that the offices of the EP are closed next week for the holidays. So don't expect 'anything' in your mail box for the next 9 days.

Best of luck to all Smile

Good to hear that other people are nervous too :/ I don't really want to look for accommodation as long I don't know for sure that everything went alright with the admission... :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tarar92



Posts : 12
Join date : 2016-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:28 pm

The worst part of all this is that we won't probably receive rejection e-mails...we'll just have to wait until the 15th of February affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tarar92



Posts : 12
Join date : 2016-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:45 pm

Does anyone know when the offices will open?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lcf99



Posts : 32
Join date : 2016-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:57 am

tarar92 wrote:
Does anyone know when the offices will open?

3rd of January probably
there is a calendar on official page
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hellobl



Posts : 4
Join date : 2017-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:15 pm

lcf99 wrote:
tarar92 wrote:
Does anyone know when the offices will open?

3rd of January probably
there is a calendar on official page

Hey Icf99, where have you found the dates in which the offices open again after the Christmas break? Could you please post the link here? Thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lcf99



Posts : 32
Join date : 2016-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:27 pm

hellobl wrote:
lcf99 wrote:
tarar92 wrote:
Does anyone know when the offices will open?

3rd of January probably
there is a calendar on official page

Hey Icf99, where have you found the dates in which the offices open again after the Christmas break? Could you please post the link here? Thank you Smile

hy hellobl Smile
sure, I'm relying on their official Calendar, here is the link: http://www.europarl.europa.eu/plenary/en/meetings-search.html

(on the right side of the page somewhere in the middle).
I believe that is correct.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
tarar92



Posts : 12
Join date : 2016-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:42 pm

According to the pdf calendar of 2016, there was no break from the 27th to the 30th of December. However, I tried to call the human resources on the 29th and the offices were not open...I don't know what to think!

It would be nice to know if anyone received an offer in those days, so at least we can deduce if we are on a waiting list or actually selected (I'm freaking out).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hellobl



Posts : 4
Join date : 2017-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:08 pm

Thank you Icf99 Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hellobl



Posts : 4
Join date : 2017-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:34 am

Hey guys, has anyone received an offer or any communication from the Traineeship Office today? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maria62



Posts : 31
Join date : 2016-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:54 am

I'm starting to get really nervous. Has anyone contacted them to get more information about this year's selection process? I don't understand why they got rid of the waiting list. At least people used to know whether they're in or whether the chances are rather low (bc they're on the waiting list). Should I consider myself on the waiting list now because I have to answer yet? This is so nerve wracking Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tpauli



Posts : 10
Join date : 2016-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:16 pm

I sent them my documents the 23rd (well before closing hours Smile ). Haven't heard back yet. It is a little nerve-wrecking... Has anyone tried pinning down who chose them and emailing them?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tarar92



Posts : 12
Join date : 2016-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:29 pm


I called them, then they passed the phone call to a lady who passed the phone to someone else and she told me to call the same number with a different extention. However, no one replied when I called that number, so I called them back and they told me to write an e-mail. -.-''
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maria62



Posts : 31
Join date : 2016-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:32 pm

tarar92 wrote:

I called them, then they passed the phone call to a lady who passed the phone to someone else and she told me to call the same number with a different extention. However, no one replied when I called that number, so I called them back and they told me to write an e-mail. -.-''

Could you please inform us if you get any further information? :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Preselection   

Back to top Go down
 
Preselection
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg :: European Parliament traineeships :: February 2017 Traineeship-
Jump to: