Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Preselection

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
lcf99



Posts : 32
Join date : 2016-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:03 pm

Elske1992 wrote:
Hi there! I also got shortlisted, and have sent the additional files on the 21st. But I have not received an offer yet. Do I need to worry? Because I have to make my mind up because I also got another offer from another internship already, and I really need to know whether I need to cancel that and take this (I definitely cannot wait till the 15/02...).

Is there someone I could call, or do I just have to wait patiently? I also sent a letter to the information centre of the EP in the Hague when I applied for the Schuman traineeship (they recommended that) - would it be a good idea to just contact them directly?

Why not try to contact information center? I have also posted some email here, maybe someone will get some info.

Fingers crossed Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elske1992



Posts : 17
Join date : 2017-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:04 pm

lcf99 wrote:
Elske1992 wrote:
Hi there! I also got shortlisted, and have sent the additional files on the 21st. But I have not received an offer yet. Do I need to worry? Because I have to make my mind up because I also got another offer from another internship already, and I really need to know whether I need to cancel that and take this (I definitely cannot wait till the 15/02...).

Is there someone I could call, or do I just have to wait patiently? I also sent a letter to the information centre of the EP in the Hague when I applied for the Schuman traineeship (they recommended that) - would it be a good idea to just contact them directly?

Why not try to contact information center? I have also posted some email here, maybe someone will get some info.

Fingers crossed Cool
Yeah, I'll contact them tomorrow if I haven't heard anything by then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maria62



Posts : 31
Join date : 2016-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:07 pm

maria_it wrote:
Elske1992 wrote:


Haha this is quite nerve wrecking...
Anyone who applied for anything but Brussels (I am mainly interested at getting a spot in The Hague) who got an offer already?  

Hi Elske! I applied somewhere else too, but haven't received an offer yet. As far as I know, the majority of interns will be in Brussels and Luxemburg though... but I wouldn't mind Brussels anyway Wink
fingers crossed!!

Same here! Do you guys think it's taking longer in our case because we've set other places as our preferences? ...just trying to be a bit optimistic here :-P
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elske1992



Posts : 17
Join date : 2017-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:10 pm

Maria62 wrote:
maria_it wrote:
Elske1992 wrote:


Haha this is quite nerve wrecking...
Anyone who applied for anything but Brussels (I am mainly interested at getting a spot in The Hague) who got an offer already?  

Hi Elske! I applied somewhere else too, but haven't received an offer yet. As far as I know, the majority of interns will be in Brussels and Luxemburg though... but I wouldn't mind Brussels anyway Wink
fingers crossed!!

Same here! Do you guys think it's taking longer in our case because we've set other places as our preferences? ...just trying to be a bit optimistic here :-P
Yeah let's hope that's the case! It's not that unlikely though, I just read through this entire topic and no-one seems to have gotten an offer for anything but Brussels or Luxembourg.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maria_it



Posts : 8
Join date : 2017-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:10 pm

Maria62 wrote:
maria_it wrote:
Elske1992 wrote:


Haha this is quite nerve wrecking...
Anyone who applied for anything but Brussels (I am mainly interested at getting a spot in The Hague) who got an offer already?  

Hi Elske! I applied somewhere else too, but haven't received an offer yet. As far as I know, the majority of interns will be in Brussels and Luxemburg though... but I wouldn't mind Brussels anyway Wink
fingers crossed!!

Same here! Do you guys think it's taking longer in our case because we've set other places as our preferences? ...just trying to be a bit optimistic here :-P

thought so too.. it could be! Or maybe it depends on the domain, who knows?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elske1992



Posts : 17
Join date : 2017-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:31 pm

maria_it wrote:
Maria62 wrote:
maria_it wrote:
Elske1992 wrote:


Haha this is quite nerve wrecking...
Anyone who applied for anything but Brussels (I am mainly interested at getting a spot in The Hague) who got an offer already?  

Hi Elske! I applied somewhere else too, but haven't received an offer yet. As far as I know, the majority of interns will be in Brussels and Luxemburg though... but I wouldn't mind Brussels anyway Wink
fingers crossed!!

Same here! Do you guys think it's taking longer in our case because we've set other places as our preferences? ...just trying to be a bit optimistic here :-P

thought so too.. it could be! Or maybe it depends on the domain, who knows?!

I'll call the information centre in the Hague tomorrow (: Maybe they can give us more info about when to expect an email
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maria_it



Posts : 8
Join date : 2017-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:31 pm

Elske1992 wrote:
maria_it wrote:
Maria62 wrote:
maria_it wrote:
Elske1992 wrote:


Haha this is quite nerve wrecking...
Anyone who applied for anything but Brussels (I am mainly interested at getting a spot in The Hague) who got an offer already?  

Hi Elske! I applied somewhere else too, but haven't received an offer yet. As far as I know, the majority of interns will be in Brussels and Luxemburg though... but I wouldn't mind Brussels anyway Wink
fingers crossed!!

Same here! Do you guys think it's taking longer in our case because we've set other places as our preferences? ...just trying to be a bit optimistic here :-P

thought so too.. it could be! Or maybe it depends on the domain, who knows?!

I'll call the information centre in the Hague tomorrow (: Maybe they can give us more info about when to expect an email

great:) let us know!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maria62



Posts : 31
Join date : 2016-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:41 pm

Any news guys? :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leghorn



Posts : 4
Join date : 2016-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:57 pm

I wrote to them in the morning, to the 'stages' email, but they haven't responded yet. This is very frustrating.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maria62



Posts : 31
Join date : 2016-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:13 pm

It is :-( But please let us know when you get any information :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maria_it



Posts : 8
Join date : 2017-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:00 pm

How nerve-racking is this??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
omark



Posts : 5
Join date : 2017-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:16 pm

I've also sent an e-mail to the stages yesterday around noon, asking them whether they can clarify the selection procedure this year, but no answer yet...

I've sent my docs on 23 December, and another document on 27 December because only then, unexpectedly, I received my LLM graduation confirmation and I'm waiting since then....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kareniga



Posts : 5
Join date : 2016-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:29 pm

Hi all!

I was shortlisted. I sent my documents around 17th December and an email to Stages@europarl.europa.eu and PERS-Trainee-Recrut@ep.europa.eu on 22 Dec asking if I could get some clarification on my situation, with no answer yet.

That's really nerve-wracking. Please, keep telling us your experiences and news!

Good luck to everyone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
omark



Posts : 5
Join date : 2017-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:57 pm

What is also a bit odd is that the facebook group has only 13 members so far (ofc it was created just a few days ago), but if you would search for the groups of previous intakes, you would see that they have 300-400 members each.. If there are so many people getting the offer who are not on this forum, why didn't they search and join the facebook group at least..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maria_it



Posts : 8
Join date : 2017-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:56 am

omark wrote:
What is also a bit odd is that the facebook group has only 13 members so far (ofc it was created just a few days ago), but if you would search for the groups of previous intakes, you would see that they have 300-400 members each.. If there are so many people getting the offer who are not on this forum, why didn't they search and join the facebook group at least..

that's actually right! Thank you for your positive thinking! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elske1992



Posts : 17
Join date : 2017-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:47 pm

In the end I didn't have time to call, unfortunately. But I'll make a call on Monday! Hopefully they're just begin slow this year... This is so frustrating!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elske1992



Posts : 17
Join date : 2017-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:50 pm

I keep checking my "spam" folder as well... but sadly an offer hasn't popped up in there as well haha!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
olmons



Posts : 8
Join date : 2016-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:03 pm

Hi everyone!
I'm not sure this is so strange; since we had till the 3rd of Jan to send our documents, I'd expect that they need a couple of weeks to check everything.
Did anyone actually get an official offer for the "Traineeships for university graduates (called Robert Schuman traineeships)"? I'm guessing that the ones who got an offer might be those who applied for the translation traineeship, for which the procedure and dates seem to be different!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trainee2017



Posts : 6
Join date : 2017-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:13 pm

olmons wrote:
Hi everyone!
I'm not sure this is so strange; since we had till the 3rd of Jan to send our documents, I'd expect that they need a couple of weeks to check everything.
Did anyone actually get an official offer for the "Traineeships for university graduates (called Robert Schuman traineeships)"? I'm guessing that the ones who got an offer might be those who applied for the translation traineeship, for which the procedure and dates seem to be different!

No, unfortunately not. I applied for the general option of Schuman and got an offer for Schuman as well as most of the other applicants with an offer in this forum. TO needed less then one day to check my documents. Seems that your on the waiting list and might get an offer in case someone else is turning down his/her offer. Don't give up, in the FAQ of the TO it says that up to 10 % of the people on the waiting list might get a later offer Smile Some people applied for different internship in Brussels all staring March 1 and might choose a different one in the end, so that places can be given to the next person on the ranking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maria62



Posts : 31
Join date : 2016-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:33 pm

Trainee2017 wrote:
olmons wrote:
Hi everyone!
I'm not sure this is so strange; since we had till the 3rd of Jan to send our documents, I'd expect that they need a couple of weeks to check everything.
Did anyone actually get an official offer for the "Traineeships for university graduates (called Robert Schuman traineeships)"? I'm guessing that the ones who got an offer might be those who applied for the translation traineeship, for which the procedure and dates seem to be different!

No, unfortunately not. I applied for the general option of Schuman and got an offer for Schuman as well as most of the other applicants with an offer in this forum. TO needed less then one day to check my documents. Seems that your on the waiting list and might get an offer in case someone else is turning down his/her offer. Don't give up, in the FAQ of the TO it says that up to 10 % of the people on the waiting list might get a later offer Smile Some people applied for different internship in Brussels all staring March 1 and might choose a different one in the end, so that places can be given to the next person on the ranking.


You might be right but there's also a chance that we're not on the waiting list because it just takes a while to go through all these documents. There might be many other reasons for why some people got their offers sooner than others (placement, domain, ranking, etc.). After all, it's only the 7th today...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trainee2017



Posts : 6
Join date : 2017-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:46 pm

But all the people in this forum with an offer said that they received it on the next (working) day maybe with some interruption due to the Christmas holidays. One guy even wrote that TO sent him his offer one hour after he submitted the documents:


emagicj wrote:
I sent my documents this morning and it took them less than 1 hour to send the offer. It might be related to our ranking on the list.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pops



Posts : 11
Join date : 2016-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:54 pm

Maria62 wrote:
Trainee2017 wrote:
olmons wrote:
Hi everyone!
I'm not sure this is so strange; since we had till the 3rd of Jan to send our documents, I'd expect that they need a couple of weeks to check everything.
Did anyone actually get an official offer for the "Traineeships for university graduates (called Robert Schuman traineeships)"? I'm guessing that the ones who got an offer might be those who applied for the translation traineeship, for which the procedure and dates seem to be different!

No, unfortunately not. I applied for the general option of Schuman and got an offer for Schuman as well as most of the other applicants with an offer in this forum. TO needed less then one day to check my documents. Seems that your on the waiting list and might get an offer in case someone else is turning down his/her offer. Don't give up, in the FAQ of the TO it says that up to 10 % of the people on the waiting list might get a later offer Smile Some people applied for different internship in Brussels all staring March 1 and might choose a different one in the end, so that places can be given to the next person on the ranking.


You might be right but there's also a chance that we're not on the waiting list because it just takes a while to go through all these documents. There might be many other reasons for why some people got their offers sooner than others (placement, domain, ranking, etc.). After all, it's only the 7th today...

Maria I like your positivity and you might be right and don't let anyone on this forum rain on your parade there's a good chance some departments might be slower. I personally gave up on any hope but I really hope you get it cause i like your positivity
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maria62



Posts : 31
Join date : 2016-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:42 pm


Maria I like your positivity and you might be right and don't let anyone on this forum rain on your parade there's a good chance some departments might be slower. I personally gave up on any hope but I really hope you get it cause i like your positivity[/quote]

Awww you're so nice! I'm hoping that we're all still getting in :-)
Btw, it's not true at all. A lot of people in this forum waited for their offer quite for a while. Not all of them got it the same or next day. I guess all we can do is just hope and wait.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lisa1989



Posts : 40
Join date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:45 pm

Maria62 wrote:

Btw, it's not true at all. A lot of people in this forum waited for their offer quite for a while. Not all of them got it the same or next day. I guess all we can do is just hope and wait.

"Parliament's offices are closed from 23 December until 2 January 2017. Business resumes on 3 January 2017."

Some people had to wait longer, as all offices were closed during Christmas. After 3 January the Traineeship office immediately started to send offers out again (offers were not sent by the DGs; they, never-mind if located in Brussels, Strasbourg or whatsoever domain etc. already made their choice quite some time ago). In the end, no one had to wait longer than one working day... As the people with an offer had just five working days to confirm their interest, the next ones on the list should be contacted very very soon. Even one guy in this forum said that he got a different offer from another EU institution and turned down the parliament's one. So for some places the run is still open and there is still hope to stick to. I personally know someone who got selected from the waiting list two years ago and it was not an issue at all. He just had less time to look for accommodation.

As the selection process is completely random and apparently changed to the worse, not being offered a place in the first run has nothing to do with someone's qualification or intelligence. Btw, if a lot of people complain about this year's selection process being cruel and uncertain, the TO might think about getting back to the old scheme ;-) So please speak up loudly for the next generation of applicants Smile So guys, no theories, just peace, love, patience and good luck Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maria_it



Posts : 8
Join date : 2017-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:50 pm

Ok, after these messages my hope is definitely dead...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maria62



Posts : 31
Join date : 2016-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:24 pm

Same here :-(
Back to top Go down
View user profile
omark



Posts : 5
Join date : 2017-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:33 pm

lisa1989 wrote:
Maria62 wrote:

Btw, it's not true at all. A lot of people in this forum waited for their offer quite for a while. Not all of them got it the same or next day. I guess all we can do is just hope and wait.

"Parliament's offices are closed from 23 December until 2 January 2017. Business resumes on 3 January 2017."

Some people had to wait longer, as all offices were closed during Christmas. After 3 January the Traineeship office immediately started to send offers out again (offers were not sent by the DGs; they, never-mind if located in Brussels, Strasbourg or whatsoever domain etc. already made their choice quite some time ago). In the end, no one had to wait longer than one working day... As the people with an offer had just five working days to confirm their interest, the next ones on the list should be contacted very very soon. Even one guy in this forum said that he got a different offer from another EU institution and turned down the parliament's one. So for some places the run is still open and there is still hope to stick to. I personally know someone who got selected from the waiting list two years ago and it was not an issue at all. He just had less time to look for accommodation.

As the selection process is completely random and apparently changed to the worse, not being offered a place in the first run has nothing to do with someone's qualification or intelligence. Btw, if a lot of people complain about this year's selection process being cruel and uncertain, the TO might think about getting back to the old scheme ;-) So please speak up loudly for the next generation of applicants Smile So guys, no theories, just peace, love, patience and good luck Smile

do you actually know that all offers have already been sent out or it's that just because some people wrote they received offers on 3 & 4 January ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pops



Posts : 11
Join date : 2016-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:37 pm

omark wrote:
lisa1989 wrote:
Maria62 wrote:

Btw, it's not true at all. A lot of people in this forum waited for their offer quite for a while. Not all of them got it the same or next day. I guess all we can do is just hope and wait.

"Parliament's offices are closed from 23 December until 2 January 2017. Business resumes on 3 January 2017."

I wasn't going to ask the same Smile

Some people had to wait longer, as all offices were closed during Christmas. After 3 January the Traineeship office immediately started to send offers out again (offers were not sent by the DGs; they, never-mind if located in Brussels, Strasbourg or whatsoever domain etc. already made their choice quite some time ago). In the end, no one had to wait longer than one working day... As the people with an offer had just five working days to confirm their interest, the next ones on the list should be contacted very very soon. Even one guy in this forum said that he got a different offer from another EU institution and turned down the parliament's one. So for some places the run is still open and there is still hope to stick to. I personally know someone who got selected from the waiting list two years ago and it was not an issue at all. He just had less time to look for accommodation.

As the selection process is completely random and apparently changed to the worse, not being offered a place in the first run has nothing to do with someone's qualification or intelligence. Btw, if a lot of people complain about this year's selection process being cruel and uncertain, the TO might think about getting back to the old scheme ;-) So please speak up loudly for the next generation of applicants Smile So guys, no theories, just peace, love, patience and good luck Smile

do you actually know that all offers have already been sent out or it's that just because some people wrote they received offers on 3 & 4 January ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lisa1989



Posts : 40
Join date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:17 pm

The selection process is for sure not completed yet, but I guess that all people who

- top some DG's/Unit's etc. Trainee-list and
- sent in all the necessary documents correctly and due in time till January 3rd (the deadline for all of us)

must have already received an offer.

If they won't reply or turn down the offer (for various reasons), the person placed 2nd on the list will get the offer. In the email, the TO sent to us together with the offer, it is stated:

"If you do not confirm your interest within 5 working days, the traineeship will be immediately offered to the other candidate on the list. If you confirm your interest, the admission letter will be sent to you by email in January, at the latest."

"the other candidate on the list" implicates that there is a reserve list, some people have to be on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pops



Posts : 11
Join date : 2016-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:49 pm

lisa1989 wrote:
The selection process is for sure not completed yet, but I guess that all people who

- top some DG's/Unit's etc. Trainee-list and
- sent in all the necessary documents correctly and due in time till January 3rd (the deadline for all of us)

must have already received an offer.

If they won't reply or turn down the offer (for various reasons), the person placed 2nd on the list will get the offer. In the email, the TO sent to us together with the offer, it is stated:

"If you do not confirm your interest within 5 working days, the traineeship will be immediately offered to the other candidate on the list. If you confirm your interest, the admission letter will be sent to you by email in January, at the latest."

"the other candidate on the list" implicates that there is a reserve list, some people have to be on.


Thank you Lisa for sharing more information with us! Appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Preselection   

Back to top Go down
 
Preselection
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg :: European Parliament traineeships :: February 2017 Traineeship-
Jump to: