Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Preselection

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:30 pm

Thanks for the replies man, I really appreciate it.

Just keep going at it and you'll most definitely get selected with your profile I bet.

The trick is to just stay positive Smile
Back to top Go down
ursula17



Posts : 8
Join date : 2016-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:12 pm

Lib91 wrote:
incognito4life wrote:
To lib91: when you were placed on the reserve list in a previous session, when you applied with just a bachelor, did the first email already mention that you were on a reserve list?

Or did that mail state that you were shortlisted (like we all received right now), only to then wait for 1 month to get another mail stating that you were placed on a reserve list?

Also I may only have a bachelor but it's probably worth mentioning that it is a bilingual LLB in European law (obtained abroad) & I'm very close to an LLM in European substantive law :p. Hopefully this is enough to get through.

Does anyone know what the division is in terms of where people are placed? Will the majority of people be placed in Brussels?

Hi congrats!!!
Btw in the oct 2016 session I received an email stated "your name has been placed on a reserve list for a traineeship in the General Secretariat of the European Parliament".
No more specifications, while the selected candidates (in oct 2016) received an email in which theyalso know the DGs that selected them. Reserve list and selected candidates received the email on the same day, just the message was different!

I think that this year the things are quite different. But for me who received the email has been selected, last year shortlisted=selected and (I think) also this year.

The difference is on the reserve list. The reasons can be 2: or this session reserve list candidates are not on this forum or they'll receive an email later on.

I was thinking about that and I have the feeling that maybe this year both the people that will later on be selected and the ones that will be put on the waiting list received the email about being shortlisted. Cause it`s actually strange that nobody here on the forum was put on the waiting list. And in the mail it`s stated that "an offer will be sent to you by email only if you are selected and on condition that your file is complete, eligible and sent in due time", so I think that they will check our documents + select some people among the shortlisted ones :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:58 pm

"Following the selection procedure, you have been shortlisted"
"In order to continue in the selection procedure, please send us your documents"

Kind of unclear right Smile

Right now we are 'shortlisted', which probably means 'not yet selected, but there's a very good chance that you will be selected'.

The question then is whether we will automatically be selected upon successfully sending our documents or whether they'll actually hold a second selection after that. However, as the email clearly indicates that the selection is completed (following the selection...) most if not all shortlisted people should get an offer after sending their documents through I think... Smile
Back to top Go down
inesnunes91



Posts : 1
Join date : 2016-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:06 pm

Hello
I applied to the "Sakharov Prize Traineeship" and I didn't get any answer.
Even though I'm expecting a "no" did anyone applied to this internship? And did you get any email yet?

Thank you and congrats to everyone that already got in Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AidanB



Posts : 2
Join date : 2016-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:15 pm

Natsu21 wrote:
Dear all,
first congrats on your shortlisted mail, I also got one, and I'm having a little bit of an issue, I cannot anywhere find my application form, is it somewhere on the net, or should I saved my mail when they sent it to me 5 months ago ?

Thanks for the reply,
Best regards

I'm having the exact same issue.. I was delighted that I got the shortlisted email, but can't seem to find my application ANYWHERE and I'm panicking like crazy now..

Does anybody have any suggestions of who to contact? I don't want to reply to the email we were told to send the documents to in case I get instantly rejected because of not having my application!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lanab



Posts : 7
Join date : 2016-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:29 pm

Hi Natsu21 and AidanB,

You can find the application by searching through your e-mail. Searching "stages" should work fine, if not, try searching by the e-mail subject: European Parliament - Application for a traineeship for university graduates.

Hope it helps!

P.S Does anyone know whether we will have to submit proofs of language skills at the later stage or only education, signed application form and the scanned copy of a CV are sufficient?


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lib91



Posts : 17
Join date : 2016-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:08 am

Ok guys,

From what I know (my experience + infos of who was shortlisted in oct 2016):

I) The process: Shortlisted (at this stage they'll choose you but they need to check that what you said in your application form is true) -->checking documents (application, ID, diploma(s) ) if they are ok---> you'll receive an email stating that "your file is now complete and eligible" ---> (after a couple of weeks) official letter with the offer.

II) For what other guys selected told me, in every communication [untill the official offer and also for who was in the reserve list]  there was writtern "The present letter does not constitute an offer of a traineeship. The offer will be sent to you by email once my service has checked all of the above-mentioned documents received by the indicated deadline. If you send us the above-mentioned documents after the indicated deadline or if the file is not complete your application will be rejected." Because they cannot give you an offer if they have not yet verified the genuineness of the provided documents !!!

III) For what we have understood last session shortlisted candidates got the email stating that they were shortlisted and so selected after the mere checking of documents. I was in the reserve list and they wrote to me "Please be informed that, following the selection procedure, your name has been placed on a reserve list for a traineeship in the General Secretariat of the European Parliament." while the shortlisted candidates something like " we are pleased to inform you that you have been shortlisted...."

IV) In Oct 2016, shortlisted candidates knew the DGs, while others did not know.

V)  In Oct 2016, shortlisted and reserve list candidates received the email in the same day at the same time, while the rejected an email of rejection a couple of days later.


What I said is just my opinion, it's not an inside from the EP maybe this year we are experiencing a new selection procedure or maybe not: all is just like past years. I don't know.

PS. In Oct 2016 we have just 9 days to send docs. Received the email on 15 july and the deadline to send docs was 24 july.

I hope it helps!
Congratulations to the shortlisted Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lib91



Posts : 17
Join date : 2016-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:21 am

AidanB wrote:
Natsu21 wrote:
Dear all,
first congrats on your shortlisted mail, I also got one, and I'm having a little bit of an issue, I cannot anywhere find my application form, is it somewhere on the net, or should I saved my mail when they sent it to me 5 months ago ?

Thanks for the reply,
Best regards

I'm having the exact same issue.. I was delighted that I got the shortlisted email, but can't seem to find my application ANYWHERE and I'm panicking like crazy now..

Does anybody have any suggestions of who to contact? I don't want to reply to the email we were told to send the documents to in case I get instantly rejected because of not having my application!



At this link (FAQs EP, pag. 12/18) : http://www.europarl.europa.eu/pdf/traineeships/815664EN.pdf

"Q: I forgot to print the application form and I no longer have the
confirmation message. Will the Traineeships Office be able to retrieve it
and send it to me for signing?
A: No. Unfortunately the Traineeships Office cannot send you the original of your application
form, as it arrives in our database in a different form. What you can do is go to our website and
print out the sample form (pdf). You should then fill it in by hand, sign it and send it together
with all other supporting documents.
IMPORTANT! Please remember to sign your application form! "
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ursula17



Posts : 8
Join date : 2016-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:46 am

lanab wrote:
Hi Natsu21 and AidanB,

You can find the application by searching through your e-mail. Searching "stages" should work fine, if not, try searching by the e-mail subject: European Parliament - Application for a traineeship for university graduates.

Hope it helps!

P.S Does anyone know whether we will have to submit proofs of language skills at the later stage or only education, signed application form and the scanned copy of a CV are sufficient?



We have to send also the CV?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoMoreWords



Posts : 10
Join date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:12 am

Not selected. Fresh master degrees graduated, 3 languages, one internship in the Middle East, another internship in the international chamber of commerce. What the fuck? I was shortlisted for the Commission, I eventually didn't make it to the bluebook due to some fucking useless shitty burueacratic issues...
It just doesnt make any fucking sense. Fuck that crap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lanab



Posts : 7
Join date : 2016-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:18 am

We have to send also the CV?[/quote]
@ursula17 No, we don't need to send a CV, I accidentally wrote CV instead of ID, I apologize for the confusion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CBu



Posts : 4
Join date : 2016-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:30 am

NoMoreWords wrote:
Not selected. Fresh master degrees graduated, 3 languages, one internship in the Middle East, another internship in the international chamber of commerce. What the fuck? I was shortlisted for the Commission, I eventually didn't make it to the bluebook due to some fucking useless shitty burueacratic issues...
It just doesnt make any fucking sense. Fuck that crap.

Same here. Double bachelors degree, double masters degree, two internships in Asia, international experience in both Europe and Asia and 4 languages...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoMoreWords



Posts : 10
Join date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:55 am

CBu wrote:
NoMoreWords wrote:
Not selected. Fresh master degrees graduated, 3 languages, one internship in the Middle East, another internship in the international chamber of commerce. What the fuck? I was shortlisted for the Commission, I eventually didn't make it to the bluebook due to some fucking useless shitty burueacratic issues...
It just doesnt make any fucking sense. Fuck that crap.

Same here. Double bachelors degree, double masters degree, two internships in Asia, international experience in both Europe and Asia and 4 languages...

Without questioning the qualifications and the experience of those who have been selected, I am quite sure that the selection process is quite random. I mean, how could I make it through the EC first selection and being rejected from the Parliament? I am lost for words actually. It's the third time I have been rejected. While the first and second were predictable, this one was my best application. Fuck that. I am quite sure that the name of the Uni (especially if it some kind of private uni claimed to be top ranking) counts more than your qualifications and experience. This lack of transperency is embarassing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrFr



Posts : 4
Join date : 2016-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:21 pm

NoMoreWords wrote:
CBu wrote:
NoMoreWords wrote:
Not selected. Fresh master degrees graduated, 3 languages, one internship in the Middle East, another internship in the international chamber of commerce. What the fuck? I was shortlisted for the Commission, I eventually didn't make it to the bluebook due to some fucking useless shitty burueacratic issues...
It just doesnt make any fucking sense. Fuck that crap.

Same here. Double bachelors degree, double masters degree, two internships in Asia, international experience in both Europe and Asia and 4 languages...

Without questioning the qualifications and the experience of those who have been selected, I am quite sure that the selection process is quite random. I mean, how could I make it through the EC first selection and being rejected from the Parliament? I am lost for words actually. It's the third time I have been rejected. While the first and second were predictable, this one was my best application. Fuck that. I am quite sure that the name of the Uni (especially if it some kind of private uni claimed to be top ranking) counts more than your qualifications and experience. This lack of transperency is embarassing.

Also the third rejection for me, and I've got one of those "top ranking" unis on mine. I also speak multiple languages and have done several internships related to European affairs in Brussels. Their decision-making process is opaque as hell.

If it's not your nationality that screwed you over, it might be the lack of enough "key words" in your application. There's no way they're actually sorting through the applications individually. My guess is that they've got some computer program doing it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lanab



Posts : 7
Join date : 2016-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:38 pm

I think the EP traineeship is more about familiarizing people to the EU decision-making processes, so i think they do not necessary look for people with strong EU affairs related background, while the EC recruits trainees with stronger EU background and experience, and that's why a Bluebook traineeship is considered to be more prestigious than the EP's traineeships (for the EU affairs related jobs at least).
But yeah, I heard the selection process can be random at times
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoMoreWords



Posts : 10
Join date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:42 pm

Almost every traineeship is about familiarizing people to a specified line of work. Trainees often carry out tasks which do not require cutting hedge knowledge of the matters. Yet, none consider to hire a graduate in Humanities for an investment banking programme....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NinaRoox



Posts : 5
Join date : 2016-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:45 pm

inesnunes91 wrote:
Hello
I applied to the "Sakharov Prize Traineeship" and I didn't get any answer.
Even though I'm expecting a "no" did anyone applied to this internship? And did you get any email yet?  

I've gotten an e-mail saying I got short listed last week. A friend of mine also applied and got a 'no' today!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mauriceh



Posts : 5
Join date : 2016-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:54 pm

Considering no-one here reported they were reserve listed, the only conclusion i can draw is that both selected and reserve received the 'pre-selection' email. So it's only a 50/50 at best now. It's contrary to the selection guidelines, which state that the news for either selected, reserve list or rejected is shared 8 weeks after application deadline. Hope the definite selection will come through this week otherwise it'll be a stressful Christmas holiday santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ursula17



Posts : 8
Join date : 2016-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:44 pm

lanab wrote:
We have to send also the CV?
@ursula17 No, we don't need to send a CV, I accidentally wrote CV instead of ID, I apologize for the confusion. [/quote]

Thanks for the clarification Smile

Mauriceh I agree with you about the selection procedure but I think that the final results will come after the third of January since we`re supposed to send the documents till that date.


Last edited by ursula17 on Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tdag



Posts : 3
Join date : 2016-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:46 pm

Has anyone tried to contact the Parliament re: the selection process this year, and the lack of reserve list candidates? I also think they have sent the same message to selected and reserve list applicants, but some clarification before Christmas would be nice!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nomedellarosa



Posts : 27
Join date : 2015-01-15
Location : Turin

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:05 pm

Tdag wrote:
Has anyone tried to contact the Parliament re: the selection process this year, and the lack of reserve list candidates? I also think they have sent the same message to selected and reserve list applicants, but some clarification before Christmas would be nice!

I would like to ask some information but ... where?
I don't think they will be able to reply to emails sent to email address like stage@europarl.europa.eu Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Razvan Nicolescu



Posts : 9
Join date : 2016-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:16 pm

Hei Smile Have you got a confirmation of receipt after sending the required documents? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nomedellarosa



Posts : 27
Join date : 2015-01-15
Location : Turin

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:18 pm

Razvan Nicolescu wrote:
Hei Smile Have you got a confirmation of receipt after sending the required documents? Thanks!

Nope. Did you send also the Erasmus certification(s)? I thought it was not specifically requested but now I am starting panicking!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mauriceh



Posts : 5
Join date : 2016-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:22 pm

I fear that'll indeed be the case Ursula. Might be as fast as 3rd Jan, might be as late as Feb 15 then...

No confirmation of receipt yet here. If anybody contacts the stage office with all these questions, do let us know whats up Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AMRD



Posts : 1
Join date : 2016-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:24 pm

Hey! Smile I didn't get any confirmation either. According to what I've read, it's normal Smile (And no need for Erasmus certification either, as far as I know).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Razvan Nicolescu



Posts : 9
Join date : 2016-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:26 pm

Nope, nomedellarosa - ID, Diploma and Application form Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nomedellarosa



Posts : 27
Join date : 2015-01-15
Location : Turin

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:30 pm

AMRD wrote:
Hey! Smile I didn't get any confirmation either. According to what I've read, it's normal Smile (And no need for Erasmus certification either, as far as I know).

I think I will be only able to wait till the 3rd January.
After that date, I will start calling (read stalking) the HR Department Laughing .
It's so frustrating, the Master which I have been admitted to begins on February and I don't know if I should pay the tuition fee or postpone it Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nomedellarosa



Posts : 27
Join date : 2015-01-15
Location : Turin

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:43 pm

Razvan Nicolescu wrote:
Nope, nomedellarosa - ID, Diploma and Application form Smile

Oh thank you Laughing .
I am so unsure just because in the application form I declare (under "Education") my University (Master degree) and the host university (of course, explicitely specifying that this is within the Erasmus programme) INDIVIDUALLY. And then, in the email I provided them with only my Master Degree Diploma. But I believe this is a quite common situation Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MST93



Posts : 1
Join date : 2016-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:48 pm

I reached out to "Stages", but they basically told me the same thing as in the e-mail: “Please be aware that the previous email does not constitute an offer of a traineeship. An offer will be sent to you by email only if  you are selected and on condition that your file is complete, eligible and sent in due time.”

However, I also reached out a Dutch organization helping out with these things. They contacted the EP and told me the following:
- Either you get shortlisted or rejected.
- The shortlist is a list of candidates selected by the different DGs.
- If you top that list, you get selected.
- No more lobbying (decision's been made, everything depends on docs & availability).

So they basically decided to drop the waiting list this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tdag



Posts : 3
Join date : 2016-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Preselection   Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:06 pm

MST93 wrote:
I reached out to "Stages", but they basically told me the same thing as in the e-mail: “Please be aware that the previous email does not constitute an offer of a traineeship. An offer will be sent to you by email only if  you are selected and on condition that your file is complete, eligible and sent in due time.”

However, I also reached out a Dutch organization helping out with these things. They contacted the EP and told me the following:
- Either you get shortlisted or rejected.
- The shortlist is a list of candidates selected by the different DGs.
- If you top that list, you get selected.
- No more lobbying (decision's been made, everything depends on docs & availability).

So they basically decided to drop the waiting list this year.

Thank you for this! So does this mean that in theory, those who are preselected were top of the list?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Preselection   

Back to top Go down
 
Preselection
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg :: European Parliament traineeships :: February 2017 Traineeship-
Jump to: