Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Preselection Date

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
lisa1989

PostSubject: Re: Preselection Date   Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:48 pm

strange..., but at least you have certainty
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ansich

PostSubject: Re: Preselection Date   Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:48 pm

Then I guess that the pre-selection rollout is being conducted over several days?
To those that were selected: what was the deadline you received to upload the documents?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moritz

PostSubject: Re: Preselection Date   Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:50 pm

Until November 14th 2016, 10.00 a.m., Brussels time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vespa86

PostSubject: Re: Preselection Date   Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:50 pm

I can't believe how confusing this whole thing is...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ansich

PostSubject: Re: Preselection Date   Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:55 pm

Okay, so now we know for certain that we will be contacted either way. It also seems to be the case that the rollout is taking several days. Whether or not there are different groups of receipients that have different deadlines, we can't be sure. But if the Bluebook is on track to be published at the end of Novemeber, as was the case last year, then the rollout should not really extend above this week?
But yeah, it is confusing Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fee1991

PostSubject: Re: Preselection Date   Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:57 pm

ansich wrote:
Okay, so now we know for certain that we will be contacted either way. It also seems to be the case that the rollout is taking several days. Whether or not there are different groups of receipients that have different deadlines, we can't be sure. But if the Bluebook is on track to be published at the end of Novemeber, as was the case last year, then the rollout should not really extend above this week?

Yeah I mean, I just wanna know at this point!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ansich

PostSubject: Re: Preselection Date   Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:03 pm

The double frames are gone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vespa86

PostSubject: Re: Preselection Date   Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:05 pm

ansich wrote:

You're right.. However I feel that those who didn't receive a pre-selection email yesterday are out of the game :/ I read somewhere in this forum (can't remember where exactly) that they send all the pre-selection emails on the same day and after that they send out the rejection emails over several days or something. But who knows...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lisa1989

PostSubject: Re: Preselection Date   Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:05 pm

the same in my account... I wonder if the TO is reading this forum Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stan(Non-EU)

PostSubject: Re: Preselection Date   Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:06 pm

Something is going on in my account, technical changes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lcf99

PostSubject: Re: Preselection Date   Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:07 pm

@ansich yes, they are
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Macaviity

PostSubject: Re: Preselection Date   Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:15 pm

This whole things is driving me crazy. I've been refreshing browsers all day hehe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Interstellar

PostSubject: Re: Preselection Date   Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:47 pm

OK, so now the doubled application status has disappeared...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stan(Non-EU)

PostSubject: Re: Preselection Date   Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:51 pm

Interstellar wrote:
OK, so now the doubled application status has disappeared...

Nope
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guillem

PostSubject: Re: Preselection Date   Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:14 pm

I've send an email and they corrected the double application line. No answer about if I got in or not.
It is my 3rd application, always made it to the bluebook so far, in the 2 last sessions they were sending email for those who were not selected saying "you're xx pts under the threshold" but no explanatation about what the threshold was or how it was calculated.

My guess is they do everything random except if you have contacts. Last two times I had offers from DG that I never applied and for which I had no academical background nor experience.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Interstellar

PostSubject: Re: Preselection Date   Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:10 pm

Well, since they seem to send the emails in batches till November 14th, there is still hope.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roeslein

PostSubject: Re: Preselection Date   Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:54 pm

Interstellar wrote:
Well, since they seem to send the emails in batches till November 14th, there is still hope.
Documents are due on the 14th by 10:00am Brussels time, and I assume they would give people a few days to gather them. (Unless others got a later deadline?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ansich

PostSubject: Re: Preselection Date   Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:07 pm

They probably do? It would amount to unequal treatment if somebody would have less time to gather the documents just because they were contacted at a later date.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Interstellar

PostSubject: Re: Preselection Date   Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:35 pm

ansich wrote:
They probably do? It would amount to unequal treatment if somebody would have less time to gather the documents just because they were contacted at a later date.
Yeah, that makes sense
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mgx1412

PostSubject: About work experience   Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:21 pm

Good evening everyone,

Congratulations to all of those who passed the pre-selection!
I also got in, and I frankly have no idea why when I read messages of amazing applicants who can speak 5 languagues...
Anyway, I have a question regarding the list of documents we have to send.
When I wrote my application, I already knew that I was hired in the same company where I was doing my final internship.
So I knew that by March 2017, I would have 6 months of professional experience. This is why I included my internship as my "work experience", knowing that I would be able to justify the declared six months (by March, I will have 12 months of experience)

Now my question is whether I should include a letter within all my documents to explain the situation or not...
What seems like the best option here according to you?

I am looking forward to hearing back from you and wish you a lot of success to gather all the documents Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LeireO

PostSubject: Re: Preselection Date   Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:34 pm

Hello Smile

I also got the pre-selection e-mail yesterday! Then I panicked because of my language certificates, and today I realized something else that could be wrong with my application. I would appreciate it if someone can share their knowledge on the matter.

The situation is the following: last summer I got an offer to be a Teaching Assistant at my university. The problem? The job begins in October/November (winter semester), and the application deadline for the EC Traineeship was August. Because by March I will have spent six months working as a Teaching Assistant, I decided to mention this job in my application. Of course, as it took place "in the future", I wrote August as a starting date because the application form would not accept November 2016. In the description section, however, I SPECIFIED that the position was for the winter semester 2016/2017. I don't really know if this is a reason to kick me out of the whole process, but as far as I have read in this forum, they are strict as it gets with the documents...

Anyone has a similar experience or any idea about this situation?

Thanks Smile
Leire

PS: @Mgx1412 posted the exact same question as mine, I just saw it when submitting this message. Hopefully we get info on this! The whole thing is killing me (and many of us as I can see xD).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoMoreWords

PostSubject: Re: Preselection Date   Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:38 pm

Same problem here.
I started an internship in Sept. (actually the 3rd of Sept exactly 3 days after the deadline!) and I stated I started in august in order to put it in the application form.
I hope they realise that being so stiff aboute dates do not make sense....but who knows?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
viktoriia

PostSubject: Re: Preselection Date   Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:41 pm

NoMoreWords wrote:
Same problem here.
I started an internship in Sept. (actually the 3rd of Sept exactly 3 days after the deadline!) and I stated I started in august in order to put it in the application form.
I hope they realise that being so stiff aboute dates do not make sense....but who knows?
Or maybe it's their main point in order to filter people out? Otherwise they probably wouldn't be able to choose just 600 out of 12000 applying..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RLM17

PostSubject: Re: Preselection Date   Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:43 pm

Hi everyone!

This is the first time I apply and still I haven't received any e-mail with the result.
I'm still positive but realistic as well. If I'm not mistaken, it was asked if someone italian had received the e-mail. For the same reason, I was wondering if there's any spanish out there who got notification for administrative traineeship?!

Btw, congrats everybody who has been pre-identified!! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LeireO

PostSubject: Re: Preselection Date   Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:49 pm

Hi @RLM17, I am Spanish and I got it yesterday, also for an administrative traineeship. Don't lose hope though, I think someone mentioned they got the message today!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RLM17

PostSubject: Re: Preselection Date   Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:02 pm

Thank you @LeireO, we'll see, maybe tomorrow (fingers crossed).

Congratulations and good luck with the whole process!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mgx1412

PostSubject: Re: Preselection Date   Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:20 pm

Thanks a lot guys for your swift replies! I guess the motto is going to be "wait and see" from now on... Fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lcf99

PostSubject: Re: Preselection Date   Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:22 am

does this waiting have something to do with submitted date or it's just random?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stan(Non-EU)

PostSubject: Re: Preselection Date   Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:06 pm

For last year's March session I applied and succeeded. And now, the same application + obtained PhD and ... "6 points below the threshold". How the hell could it be? I am so angry and disappointed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ioana'89

PostSubject: Re: Preselection Date   Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:15 pm

Hi everyone! Does anyone know how the point system works? How many points does one need in order to be pre-selected? I'm asking because I just got the rejection email that said I was 1 point below and it's a bit frustrating especially since I am now doing an internship that I started in September and couldn't add to my August application
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preselection Date   

Back to top Go down

Preselection Date
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next