Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Lobbying/Emails/Interviews

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Moritz

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying/Emails/Interviews   Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:23 pm

Hi guys,

As the Traineeships Office is going to send the offical letters of intent to candidates starting today, could you please let us know here those of you who already received it?

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cristina

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying/Emails/Interviews   Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:44 pm

Apparently notifications will be sent by tomorrow. Good luck to everyone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
candidatus

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying/Emails/Interviews   Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:23 pm

Does anyone know what the usual timeframe for signing the contract is?

I am waiting for some other offers and would like to be able to choose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moritz

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying/Emails/Interviews   Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:30 pm

@candidatus, Im in a similar situation. Ive already put on hold other offers and this TO's stalling doesn't help at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
olmons

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying/Emails/Interviews   Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:16 pm

candidatus wrote:
Does anyone know what the usual timeframe for signing the contract is?

I am waiting for some other offers and would like to be able to choose.

For the previous session the offer had to be accepted within one week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ec2016

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying/Emails/Interviews   Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:31 pm

Hello guys! A girl in the facebook group has already received her notification e-mail. Is this the case for anyone else here?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LeireO

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying/Emails/Interviews   Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:11 pm

Not yet, and I don't know how much longer I can take this Mad
Good luck to everyone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shai1

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying/Emails/Interviews   Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:14 pm

Hey guys! As Moritz has written above, anyone who receives any sort of email/offer this week please let us know here. I haven't heard anything yet. I wonder if they'll let us know this week if we haven't been selected as well? Since the deadline for the Oct session is 31st Jan and we need to apply soon for that if we haven't made this one!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moritz

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying/Emails/Interviews   Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:55 am

Hey everyone! Ive just received the email:
"Dear candidate,

I am pleased to announce you that you have been selected for a traineeship in the European Commission, starting on 1 March 2017. We will soon send you the official placement offer."

They started sending it out so expect it anytime now Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shai1

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying/Emails/Interviews   Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:59 am

Congratulations!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roeslein

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying/Emails/Interviews   Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:18 am

Same here, got a message on the platform, but no offer letter and no information on how to contact the DG in question (considering I haven't spoken to them and have no idea what the role is about.) At least what they do is related to my background, so not completely random.

Anyone else need to inform the DG that they can only start in April and ask if they're ok with that? I won't be able to get unpaid leave before then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marble

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying/Emails/Interviews   Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:46 am

Not sure whether I should be happy or not. I got selected by the national representative office of my country.
So I won't be in Brussels like the majority of trainees ...
Congratulations to all who'll make it to Brussels!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
abcdefg

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying/Emails/Interviews   Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:52 pm

Hey guys! I also got the selection message today. I was wondering if anyone knows the number of the Traineeship Office by any chance? I would really appreciate it! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mgx1412

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying/Emails/Interviews   Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:53 pm

Hi everyone !
I received my offer today as well. Will anyone else be in DEVCO ?
My situation is weird though ; I was not interviewed at all nor contacted during the whole recruitment process... Am I the only one in this case ?
Thanks and see you in Brussels Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Irruiz

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying/Emails/Interviews   Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:58 pm

Do you think they will be sending rejection mails today as well? I haven't received anything so far and I want to think that they will be sending all emails throughout the day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xvero

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying/Emails/Interviews   Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:59 pm

Hi!

I am also in DEVCO, reserved by a unit I had no other contact with, other than me sending them a generic lobbying e-mail.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mgx1412

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying/Emails/Interviews   Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:00 pm

ahah okay I am glad to see i'm not the only one then Smile thanks !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tz

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying/Emails/Interviews   Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:06 pm

Hello and congrats to all of us for being selected.

For unselected, keep on trying (I succeeded in a 3 try), be very precise in what you have done in the past and be well prepared when you are filling in the application. Even though the min requirement to apply is a Bachelor, I strongly advise you to have a master, because that brings you extra points. Oh, and at least 3 languages.

Anyhow, I got selected without lobbying and without being contacted at all. I scratched all the chances, and sort of didn't really believe in all the stories people posted of getting in without having an interview.

But it is true you can come in even though nobody has contacted you for an interview!

Another story for me is now after the selection.

Does anyone know or have experiences of being a trainee with a child? Are you entitled to any child allowance or a family allowance? This issue is not covered in Traineeship rules, and I thought I will ask here first, before I contact the TO, since they are probably totally busy.

Thank you and all the best in this short and crazy period.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gagelea.george

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying/Emails/Interviews   Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:14 am

hey hey.. got an offer yesterday and the letter with the link to accept it. Has anyone been selected for DG NEAR?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shai1

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying/Emails/Interviews   Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:01 pm

Anybody not got any news yet at all? And does anyone know if they're sending out rejection emails simultaneously too?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nonEUbürgerin

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying/Emails/Interviews   Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:24 pm

Shai1 wrote:
Anybody not got any news yet at all? And does anyone know if they're sending out rejection emails simultaneously too?

Hey there,
no response yet. And I guess we have to proceed with the new application now for the October Session.
Anyways, I firstly thought to go on with my previous application, however few changes in my employment history took place since August. So I was wondering whether I could include that one position as a working student under working experience (the University is not a part of the Contract)? The thing is it is on-going and the application form clearly points out the end date. Did anyone have the similar issue in the past? Any hints are greatly appreciated.
Cheers. And enjoy this Friday!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
n.haroutun

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying/Emails/Interviews   Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:51 pm

Umm I just want to point out that some people last year got notifications 1-2 weeks before the internship. Don't lose hope because you might be someone's second, third or even fourth choice. Also, as far as I know, your name automatically stays in the bluebook for the October 2017 session so no need to submit another application.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
garod

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying/Emails/Interviews   Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:56 pm

Hello everyone,
Could you please tell me the name of the Facebook group for trainees for the upcoming March session? Thanks and see you soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shai1

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying/Emails/Interviews   Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:57 pm

Hello, if your work experience is on-going you can leave the "To" block blank. That's what I did for this session and it was ok.

N.Haroutun: If they notify us so late, I won't be able to make it anyway because I'm non EU and I'd need a month to apply for a visa. And as far as I know, you have to submit a fresh application for the next session. The previous application is not valid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nonEUbürgerin

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying/Emails/Interviews   Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:16 pm

Hey Shai1,
thanks for your insights!

And to N.Haroutun: It is true, you have to proceed with the new application. Those spontaneous calls 1-2 weeks prior to the actual start of the traineeship are more of exceptions rather than a standard practice. A friend of mine was called like this in September for an October Session 2016 just because someone cancelled the trainesship at the last minute, even though she received an official rejection letter back in July.
My situation is more interesting though, I have been informed on being pre-selected ONLY on 22 December due to some technical issues at the portal, so basically my application got to the pool when all DGs already made their choices, so I guess I have to go for the second attempt now!
Cheers all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ec2016

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying/Emails/Interviews   Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:17 pm

garod wrote:
Hello everyone,
Could you please tell me the name of the Facebook group for trainees for the upcoming March session? Thanks and see you soon.

It's EC Traineeship March 2017 and here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1133050726803692/?ref=bookmarks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roeslein

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying/Emails/Interviews   Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:34 pm

Anyone knows where to find the phone number of the traineeship office? I need to contact them urgently and they haven't replied to any email since Thursday...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
olmons

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying/Emails/Interviews   Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:28 pm

Roeslein wrote:
Anyone knows where to find the phone number of the traineeship office? I need to contact them urgently and they haven't replied to any email since Thursday...  

The easiest might be to contact the unit which selected you, or the HR unit of the corresponding DG. You can find their number on the 'eu who is who'
europa.eu/whoiswho/whoiswho.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arty99

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying/Emails/Interviews   Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:22 pm

has anyone still not received any response from the traineeship office? i wrote to them but they havent answered back whether it be negative or positive result.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fortinbras

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying/Emails/Interviews   Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:08 pm

arty99 wrote:
has anyone still not received any response from the traineeship office? i wrote to them but they havent answered back whether it be negative or positive result.

You're not the only one.

My situation is strange. I was interviewed before Christmas and then told I was selected by a Unit in one of the DGs directly, and that I should just wait for confirmation from the traineeship office in January.

Haven't heard anything from the traineeship office yet. Most people seem to have received their offers last week, so I decided to contact the Unit that apparently selected me to hear if they know what's going on.

I received a reply shortly after, saying that the traineeship office is running late and that not all the offers have been sent out yet. I was then told that if I hadn't heard anything by Monday 6 February I should get in touch again so they could try to speed it up.

Not sure what's happening, but you're not the only one experiencing radio silence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying/Emails/Interviews   

Back to top Go down

Lobbying/Emails/Interviews
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next