Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Lobbying/Emails/Interviews

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Roeslein

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying/Emails/Interviews   Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:34 am

I had to decline the offer. It's unfortunate, but the role I was offered was so far out of my area of expertise it made absolutely no sense career-wise. Disappointed as others DGs (the ones I actually interviewed with) told me they were looking to select me for relevant positions, but were unable to do so I had already been booked (by a DG which didn't even check if I was interested). The traineeship office wouldn't answer emails; she unit itself was helpful and trying to be flexible, but it was too late as the role had already been determined. Such a dysfunctional system.

Anyway, accept/decline deadline is today so I guess some folks on waiting lists will be getting offers soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stef876

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying/Emails/Interviews   Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:46 am

Tz wrote:
Does anyone know or have experiences of being a trainee with a child? Are you entitled to any child allowance or a family allowance? This issue is not covered in Traineeship rules, and I thought I will ask here first, before I contact the TO, since they are probably totally busy.

Hi, I'm also a trainee with a child. I don't know of any extra allowances in the EC. I know the EP does this but I don't think we'll get any in the EC. Did you already check with the TO?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Lobbying/Emails/Interviews
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6